CRM

PAllmond
Contributor

Global merge / Dedupe

SOLVE

Is there a function that will scan all instance of a contact (or companies) and do a global merge based on the email address field? 

Example: I have 100s of companies in HS already. I want to import a list of companies and some of them might be duplicates. After the import I'd like run a function automatically merges all of the information for companies that have the same email address do I don't have to go throught and do it manually for 100s of contact records. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Global merge / Dedupe

SOLVE

Hi @PAllmond 

When you import your Contacts, or Companies they can deduplicate automatically:

Warning:

• if your Contact has no email address it will not automatically deduplicate 
  • if your Company has no domain name it will not automatically deduplicate 

If you have HubSpot Pro, or Enterprise, you can manually deduplicate Contacts and Companies in the CRM.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PAllmond
Contributor

Global merge / Dedupe

SOLVE

Thank you. That was useful 🙂 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Global merge / Dedupe

SOLVE

Hi @PAllmond,

HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts by email address. No two contacts can exist with the same email address, it's the unique identifier in HubSpot. The same goes for companies with company domains. These automations are explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets (Records without email address or company domain name will be created as separate records in HubSpot, causing duplicates.)

If you want to deduplicate by other fields, you could either use the deduplication tool in HubSpot (which suggests duplicates for manual deduplication) or a third-party solution like Insycle.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Global merge / Dedupe

SOLVE

Hi @PAllmond 

When you import your Contacts, or Companies they can deduplicate automatically:

Warning:

• if your Contact has no email address it will not automatically deduplicate 
  • if your Company has no domain name it will not automatically deduplicate 

If you have HubSpot Pro, or Enterprise, you can manually deduplicate Contacts and Companies in the CRM.

Have fun

Mike