Global Search

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The main search bar should search for all aspects of Hubspot (deals, contacts, and tickets). Moving around different screens to search for entry makes it difficult to collect all the data. Not to mention the lack of searchable fields makes it impossible to find certain information resulting in my customer service and finance department to use different systems. Resulting in lost productivity, additional errors not to mention 16k per year for my old CRM which i cant leave because of this limitation.    

6 Replies 6
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @akotler,

The Global search returns values for Contacts, Activity, Companies, Tickets, Deals, Site Pages, Landing Pages, Emails, Knowledge Base Docs, Lists, Blog Posts, Campaigns, Academy Lessons, Workflows, and Tasks.

It sounds like the real issue is the fact that the search queries being used aren't actually in the searchable fields (as you eluded to), not the fact that the search doesn't search the records themselves.

What are the most common things that your team members are searching for? Names?

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

The main issue lies in the fact that we cant search by phone numbers. All our customers are searched by phone number or the last 4 of their phone number. In addition, we provide up to 10 numbers on one sim card. So in the event, we have a customer with 8 lines and 10 numbers per line..... we are in trouble. We need to keep a record of the old numbers as well regardless of how many times the customer switches it. Hubspot only allows 3 fields to be searchable. We need at least 10. The workaround is to create a field where we line up all the numbers together separated by commas and enter the data again in the appropriate field. All though we can briefly manage with this solution. its nut sustainable long term. We need a real fix for this ASAP. This limitation in the system is preventing us from operating. (not limiting but preventing)   

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We have a similar issue with global search. 
My company remanufacturers automotive parts for public and B2B. Each part is engraved with a 6-digit Job Reference. 

We have migrated our data to Hubspot and have come to realise that the custom field in Deals, mapped for our job reference is not searchable. 

We're having to keep our old system and search from there and use that. 

Hubspot generates a 9-digit totally random number which is no good because we cannot engrave 9 digits into some of the parts, they are too small i.e. a Mercedes EIS ignition unit... it's way too small for 9 random digits, we just about get 6 on there. 

Occasional Contributor

The workaround we've been given is to Add a filter and filter the search with a reference number but that's completely unproductive. 

We're having to then put a client on hold, create a filter, enter the field name, then enter the job reference in the options to find the result. In our old CRM, we simply type it into the global search (from any page) and it will pull the data up. 

I see you have this functionality available in Enterprise but that's 3x more than what we pay for our current system.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I have entreprise and that featuture does not work. I have been speaking with multiple people in support and there is currently no resolution.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

You're right. I've been upgraded to Enterprise trial and it's not working for me either. 
The current solution is to use automated workflows to pin the custom field value to the deal name so that it is then searchable. 

0 Upvotes