CRM

CSexton1
Participant

Global Property?

SOLVE

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up a property that is the same for every user? 

I am looking to have a property that is essentially a "count" of all companies that fit a certain criteria. My thinking is that I can create a property that holds this value but it has to be the same for every company. If this were possible, I would then create a workflow that would increase value by one on this global property every time the condition is met and then be able to build calculations off of these. 

Thank you, 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Global Property?

SOLVE

Hi @CSexton1,

Instead of storing a number on each company then, I'd recommend creating property that stores the customer status on each company record. When you build a pie chart based on this property, HubSpot will automatically display the percentage of paid customers then.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Global Property?

SOLVE

Hi @CSexton1,

Just to confirm, you'd like to create a custom number property that assigns every contact in your portal the same number, let's say 1.

Property value for contact A = 1

Property value for contact B = 1

Property value for contact C = 1

Property value for contact N = 1

Now you'd like to update the value of the number to, let's say 5. Which of the following two scenarios would you like to see come true?

Property value for contact A = 5

Property value for contact B = 1

Property value for contact C = 1

Property value for contact N = 1

or

Property value for contact A = 5

Property value for contact B = 5

Property value for contact C = 5

Property value for contact N = 5

The first scenario would be simply: You create a contact-based workflow which sets the property value of the number property for every contact to 1. Then you could update each contact to your liking, either manually or using the workflow action Increase property value.

For the second scenario, you would have to bulk edit all records to receive the new value. Either through the contact index page or through a workflow. Using the Set property value workflow action, you would change the value in that action and then re-enroll all records so that they get the new number. This scenario is a bit ominous to me, I have to say, and it feels like you're not choosing the right path to what you're trying to accomplish.

Can you specify which calculation you're planning based off this? Could you provide more details and an example?

I'd also encourage you to look into calculation properties which might achieve what you're looking for: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CSexton1
Participant

Global Property?

SOLVE

My goal is to create a percent calculation using this. So I am looking for the "percent of companies who are paid customers," for example. But the best way I have found is to create two KPI reports (one for total number of customers, one for paid) on a dashboard and then to manually do the calculation. My original thought was to create one that whenever one of them changed it would auto change all of them, like you mentioned above. I think @BukunmiOdetayo thoughts below are almost there, I simply cannot direct (to my knowledge) updating a particular contact/company values. Does anyone know if this is possible with custom coded actions? To update a specific record ID instead of the company going through the workflow? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Global Property?

SOLVE

Hi @CSexton1,

Instead of storing a number on each company then, I'd recommend creating property that stores the customer status on each company record. When you build a pie chart based on this property, HubSpot will automatically display the percentage of paid customers then.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Global Property?

SOLVE

Hello @CSexton1,

Yes, this is possible. You only have to create a company property for your global property and make the field type "Number". Please make sure this field type "Number" is unformatted.

Then, create a company-based workflow, set your triggers, and choose the action "Increase or decrease a property value". 

You can have an "if/then branch" or any other actions you want to perform based on your requirements.

I used this video to paint it better.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

0 Upvotes