CRM

VoIPTools
Teilnehmer/-in

Getting my 3rd-party chat transcripts into HubSpot

lösung

I gave up on HubSpot's live chat feature because they don't see the importance of playing a notification "ring" until someone answers the chat request.

I found a great free chat program that can send transcripts to a central email address.  The emails come from the chat provider's email address.  I'm trying to figure out how to get these chat transcripts into HubSpot automatically.

I tried sending the emails directly to  <my-ID>@forward.hubspot.com.  That didn't work.

I tried sending the transcripts to my Microsoft 365 email (my Hubspot user email) and then automatically forwarded the emails to <my-ID>@forward.hubspot.com but that didn't seem to work. 

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Crystal_Hopper
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

@VoIPTools that's too bad. I know this isn't the ideal solution you want, but can you export the chat transcripts and keep the Contact's email address in the export?

I'm thinking perhaps a once or a few times a week, you could export the activity and Import it to Hubspot as an import of Notes for Contacts. More on that here: Import and associate multiple objects 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
Crystal_Hopper
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

@VoIPTools that's too bad. I know this isn't the ideal solution you want, but can you export the chat transcripts and keep the Contact's email address in the export?

I'm thinking perhaps a once or a few times a week, you could export the activity and Import it to Hubspot as an import of Notes for Contacts. More on that here: Import and associate multiple objects 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
VoIPTools
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

It only offers an email address.  It does not specifically offer an option for sending/including a BCC.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Autorität

lösung

@VoIPTools, does your 3rd party email the chat transcript to the person who interacted with the chat? If so, can it be configured to BCC your Hubspot email (<my-ID>@bcc.hubspot.com) when it sends the transcript. 

To get the transcript tied to the right contact in Hubspot, the Contact's email address has to be in the To: line of the email, then BCC Hubspot.