CRM

YGhimire

Getting deal activity information via CRM api

SOLVE

Hello there, 

I am looking for a solution for a following use case: 

Lets say, if the sales pipeline would allow to move the deal to one of these stages - ["Won", "Project Implementation", "Project Completion"].

I would see those activities when the deal gets moved from one stage to another under Activities tab f I use Hubspot dashboard. But how do I get activity information if I use CRM API? I can't see any way to gets my hands into that activities details. 

All I want is the date when the deal has been moved to one of above deal stage for the first time.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks. 

1 Accepted solution
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
Hello @YGhimire ,

If you want to track the date when the deal has been moved to one of above deal stage for the first time, I have a workaround for you -

1. Create a new custom property  "Date Entered in <YOUR SPECIFIC STAGE>"
  2. Go to the workflow tool and create a new workflow of deal based enrollment trigger.
  3. Add trigger  "Deal stage equals to <YOUR SPECIFIC STAGE>"  And then add an action to set property value to current time stamp.
So in this way if you don't turn on the re-enrollment trigger of this workflow then same deal will never enroll in this workflow and your custom property will never update until manually someone update.

And this property you can pull out through deal API.

I hope this solves your query.

Thank you
Shubham Nigam
Connect me for HubSpot help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Albusis
Contributor

SOLVE

I dont think this is a solution. Bloke was asking about API fetching this, not how to create a workflow. I mean, it could be used for certain occasions, but the moment you want retrospective data, then workflow won't work. Or if your plan doesn't include Sales Pro to run deal-based workflows. This is precisely why we wanted to know how to fetch this activity via API. In my case there are thousands of deals moving through some 15 stages, and manually getting this is impossible retrospectively. 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Albusis

Thank you for your inquiry. 

I conducted some research and stumbled upon a wealth of valuable information. Despite not being an expert in the APIs domain myself, it seems that this information could potentially assist you in achieving your objectives. 

Retrieve deals with API

The get a deal endpoint retrieves deal information from a HubSpot account

Retrieve the deals from HubSpot using its APIs

I hope this proves useful to you, or at the very least, sets you on the right path!

Best regards, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Albusis
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @DianaGomez , thank you for commenting. However, all these links relate to fetching deals, not deal activity deal information. Actually, later on, I found out, when I read more and more, that fetching timeline events is currently not supported on HubSpot at all, that they are meant to be only pushed there, not retrieved. 

SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
Hello @YGhimire ,

If you want to track the date when the deal has been moved to one of above deal stage for the first time, I have a workaround for you -

1. Create a new custom property  "Date Entered in <YOUR SPECIFIC STAGE>"
  2. Go to the workflow tool and create a new workflow of deal based enrollment trigger.
  3. Add trigger  "Deal stage equals to <YOUR SPECIFIC STAGE>"  And then add an action to set property value to current time stamp.
So in this way if you don't turn on the re-enrollment trigger of this workflow then same deal will never enroll in this workflow and your custom property will never update until manually someone update.

And this property you can pull out through deal API.

I hope this solves your query.

Thank you
Shubham Nigam
Connect me for HubSpot help