CRM

niederberger
Participant

Get Line Item value out and use it

SOLVE

Hello. I try to create a workflow where I get the SKU number from the line-items after a deal got created. I want to parse that SKU number into segments and depend on these segment I writethe information into the contact. Is that even possible without the API only with workflows?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JDobson
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

With Operations Hub, yes, it is possible to parse the SKU number into segments and write information to the contact depending on those segments. Without Operations Hub, it may also be possible with just workflows, it just depends on the specific requirements.

Here's how the different options would look:

1. With Operations Hub

This would involve some custom code to parse the SKU of the line items and then write the information to the associated contacts based on the parsed SKU.

2. Without Operations Hub

This option involves making a workflow with an If/then branch of all possible SKUs OR if an SKU starts or ends with a certain pattern of characters OR if an SKU contains a certain chunk of characters and then set off certain actions depending on the SKU. Because we don't know the specifics of the information you are wanting to copy to the contact, we would have to look a little deeper before we could verify this solution.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

John Dobson
Senior HubSpot Consultant at Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JDobson
Solution

SOLVE

With Operations Hub, yes, it is possible to parse the SKU number into segments and write information to the contact depending on those segments. Without Operations Hub, it may also be possible with just workflows, it just depends on the specific requirements.

Here's how the different options would look:

1. With Operations Hub

This would involve some custom code to parse the SKU of the line items and then write the information to the associated contacts based on the parsed SKU.

2. Without Operations Hub

This option involves making a workflow with an If/then branch of all possible SKUs OR if an SKU starts or ends with a certain pattern of characters OR if an SKU contains a certain chunk of characters and then set off certain actions depending on the SKU. Because we don't know the specifics of the information you are wanting to copy to the contact, we would have to look a little deeper before we could verify this solution.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

John Dobson
Senior HubSpot Consultant at Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @niederberger , happy Friday! I would like to add our top experts to share their ideas @JDobson @AnxiouslyEager @MandyDROS any recommendations to @niederberger matter?

thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes