GeoMap Tool is not working

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Hubspot team,

Unfortunately I found out that the GeoMap Tool extension is not working anymore. I checked with my colleagues and also in their account it is not working anymore. 

We can see the GeoMap, but not the companies. Any idea what this can be?

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @LauraWier,

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you're getting stuck? Are you referring to the functionality requested in this idea

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I know this is a couple months late, but we seem to be having the same problem. When I select "Open in maps" it opens the map over San Francisco, but then when I go over to the midwest (where we are), it doesn't show any of our opportunities or customers. I tried making a custom type: "opportunity" instead of prospect, but that didn't seem to help either. 

I've got the "Both" option selected. Just doesn't seem to want to actually show the companies on the map.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Geomap.PNG

We still have the problem. The companies are not loading anymore on the map. In the past I saw 1000 of companies on this map.

Community Manager

Hi @LauraWier,

The GeoMap tool is a free tool owned by the OrgChartHub company.

Have you reached out to them regarding this matter? cc @Dan1 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem.

The tool doesn't work and it shows only san Francisco. Did you have some news? 

In paralell, I sent a message to geomap. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

No news here, unfortunately. I've just gone back to maintaining a custom Google map with layers for opportunities, prospects, customers, etc. Luckily there was only a little bit of catch up work to get it up-to-date again. The double work (adding in notes and updates in the map and HubSpot) is a bummer, but it's just so much easier to glance at the map and create a route to hit companies nearby after a meeting than it is to try and remember which ones are nearby and looking them up to verify.

Glad to hear you reached out to Geomap, hopefully they'll be able to let us know whether it's worth continuing to try figuring out. It seems like it could be really useful when working correctly.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if my issue is somehow related to yours, but this is what is showing to me:

"GeoMapTool Early Access
Description: Thanks for signing up for early access. GeoMapTool will automatically appear here when it is available! "
Is there any way to activate that?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue as you and wondering what to do. Our organization would benefit greatly if this was working.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LauraWier @jshawkat @rcordioli @IntellaIT @BaptisteMVR and @jennysowyrda , 

Firstly apologies for the slow repsonse here I missed this thread.

We released a free version of GeoMapTool a year ago and straight away it got hugley over subscribed. We created it for our own use and then offered it out thinking it would help a small amount of HubSpot users, we were wrong. We never intended for it to have so many users, which caused technical challenges and cost us significantly.  

We are committed to building solutions on HubSpot, so we have spent the last 8 months building a brand new version of GeoMapTool which is fit for large usage and has far more functionality. We are putting the solution into the HubSpot marketplace in December. In the meantime we have customers who have gained early access. If you would like early access then I would be happy to organise a call with you and demo the new version. My email address is dan@orgcharthub.com, just drop me an email. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LauraWier , @jshawkat , @rcordioli  , @IntellaIT  , @BaptisteMVR , 

Thank you for your patience, we have made some big improvements adding lots of functionality and we are now live in the HubSpot App Marketplace here

We still have a freemium plan so you can get familiar with all the functionality. 

If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 12.26.58.png

Kind Regards, 

Dan