CRM

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

GSuite vs. Office 365: which is better?

A rivalry almost as old as the internet itself - G Suite vs. Office 365.

This week we're discussing which solution you've found to be better for your business (and your personal life, too)!

Do you have a love / hate relationship with one of these? Are you so loyal to one that even seeing them compared side by side makes you roll your eyes? We want to know which way the HubSpot Community sways on GSuite vs. O365! 

Share your thoughts and comments in the thread below!

24 Replies 24
JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@AdamLPW Love that idea! I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

While both are great solutions vs Exchange and in-house servers, I'm an advocate for Google. It's super easy to use and either provides or integrates with most of the tools we use. 

We're in Gmail every day, but we have also replaced the Microsoft apps with Google's counterpart (Slides, Docs, Sheets, etc.)

Again, 365 is a great solution as well, but I wouldn't switch away from GSuite without kicking and screaming.

Thanks for the ping @sharonlicari!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Digna
Contributor

That's how I feel able it, they work so well together that it's not a set that you would want to break up and piece out, they're made to work together and they do a **bleep** of a job.  

Not to say Microsoft doesn't do the same but there are just certain tasks come up every once in a while, simple, arbitrary tasks, that just completely break a Microsoft tool in the form of it's just not made to do that, and it's not going to give an inch to help you with it.

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

I use Gmail for personal email, but all business stuff is Office 365.  It's a little annoying to me that there's no calendar sync between the two (there used to be one going back about 9 years, but for some reason it disappeared).  

Anyway, I personally prefer all things Google, but have been impressed with what can be achieved using Outlook calendar and MS Flow, as well as off-the-shelf integrations with O365.

It's really all about integrations - we all want a world where every app in our software stack talks to every other app in our software stack.  Office 365 seems to delivery quite well on this at present.  

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on the integrations in the two suites, although I don't believe my company would be willing to switch, as we're deeply invested in Office 365.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"