CRM

bkieffer
Participant

Fwd not working with Thunderbird in French

Hello all,

I have an issue with the forwarding adress. I use Thunderbird, in French. When I forward an email to Hubspot using the forwarding adress, it does not show up in Hubspot.

However, it works fine when I forward an email :
- using Outlook online in French (therefore it is not a language issue)

- using Thunderbird in English (therefore it is not a issue with Thunderbird and/or the way Thunderbird formats the message (html/plain)).

I guess that there is an issue with the block at the beginning of the forwarded email, when it is generated by Thunderbird in French. But I cannot find the requirements for this block (name of the fields, order of the fields, data formatting...) and the tests I have done so far did not work out.

Has anyone else managed to use the forward email with Thunderbird in French ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Benoît

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bkieffer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

While we do occasionally see reports from customers who are using their email client in a different language than English that the forwarding function doesn't work consistently, other customers have been using the HubSpot FWD address without issues.

Could you change the language in your email client to English and see if the problem persists? Please also check if your email meets other requirements for logging with the forwarding address here. Thanks!

I wanted to tag other Community members to see if they've had similar experiences: 

hi @DavidVoigt, @ClaraDelabrosse@Bruno_Teixeira, have any of you been using Thunderbird with the HubSpot forwarding address?  

Regarding the HubSpot forwarding function & Outlook online: HubSpot has a native integration with Outlook online which makes using both systems side-by-side easier. We currently don't have an integration with Thunderbird, but this is something other users have already requested in our Ideas forum. It'd be great if you could support the idea with an upvote or comment. Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable. Thanks!

Mia, Community team  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

DavidVoigt
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@MiaSrebrnjak wrote:

hi @DavidVoigt, [...], have any of you been using Thunderbird with the HubSpot forwarding address?  

Hi Mia,

yes, I am using Thunderbird with the HubSpot forwarding address. I can't say for sure if the protocol always works, or even in most cases, because how would I know if it doesn't. I haven't seen it not working, afaik. it seems to work well enough.
My Thunderbird interface is set to German.

Feel free to reach out directly if I can be of assistance in any way!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @DavidVoigt👍 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes