CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Frustration with support

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda Hi Jenny,

While I am looking for you, I also want to know other users experiences. 

This account is Free CRM. 

Goal - copy and paste address from company preview to contact.

Challenge - copy and paste as well as type function nets nothing sporadically. This does not happen outside of the CRM so it is not my keyboard battery or connection. 

Further challenge - trying to use the HubBot chat - ok the tech states there is no issue despite the yellow header saying something else. The tech is 1000% positive it is my computer.

HMMMMM.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Frustration with support

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

I've been experiencing the same types of issues with Chrome. In my case specifically it was related to memory, so a simple restart fixed it. I've got a pretty beefy computer, but it's been happening somewhat frequently. 

This may not be the same cause of your issue...and I know restarting can be a pain, but potentially worth a shot. For reference, I'm running 16GB RAM.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Josh

Frustration with support

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

Sorry you're having frustrations with HubSpot support. 

I see what you're trying to do with the copy and paste. I haven't run into the issue yet, but that was with only minimal testing. How I'm understanding it is you pull up company preview, highlight the street address (for example), press control + c (or right click), and then control +v (or right click)...but then nothing actually gets pasted or something you previously had copied gets pasted, is that correct?

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Frustration with support

SOLVE

Hi  @Josh,

Yes, exactly and it was happening for about an hour before the yellow header about South America and continued for about a half hour after the header went away.  I did not go and look at the incident.  Of course, the tasks for the day was to get the addresses into the contact.  Success was 25 out of the first 100......with a total needed of 1000.

Supports answers: Clear cache and cookies (I do this daily). It has nothing to do with South America. 1000% sure it is my computer.

Since I have a Free CRM, this was the first time using the chat feature for technical help. 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Frustration with support

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

I've been experiencing the same types of issues with Chrome. In my case specifically it was related to memory, so a simple restart fixed it. I've got a pretty beefy computer, but it's been happening somewhat frequently. 

This may not be the same cause of your issue...and I know restarting can be a pain, but potentially worth a shot. For reference, I'm running 16GB RAM.

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Frustration with support

SOLVE

@Josh Thank you for sharing and understanding.  My memory was just upgraded. The system says it's now at 8GB but that is what I thought it was.  

I use CCleaner and restart the computer daily. Do you think it needs additional restarts? 

0 Upvotes
Josh

Frustration with support

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc,

As far as additional restarts, I'd say that primarily depends on what else you're doing. If you are primarily working from a web browser without running any other resource intensive programs, I wouldn't expect a restart more than once a day is necessary...but you'll have to play that by ear.

Best of luck!

Josh 

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Frustration with support

SOLVE

Thanks @Josh My day is spent in Chrome....HubSpot, Office 365.

0 Upvotes