From contacts to company-organized database

Highlighted
New Contributor

We imported a contact database (excel) of approx 2000 persons into Hubspot recently. A large number of contacts belongs to the same company (ie the same customer). We want to be able to follow up both on a company level and on a contact person level.

Is there any way to import the details of the contacts (ie persons) to the relevant company (eg adress, type of organization etc) or do you need to do this manually?

Hubspot automatically recognizes wich contacts belong to which company but how do you import the details on a contact to the company database?

Best,

Joakim

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @JoakimAhlinder,

If I understand correctly, you could accomplish this with a workflow using a Pro account. This is the ideal solution.

If you have free, you will have to do this via your upload. You can arrange in your csv file and upload the appropriate contact details to the company records.

Please let me know if you need support with this. I would be happy to help.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

New Contributor

Hi Josh,

Thanks for speedy reply.

We have free.

When importing company details, how do you import only the company details so that you dont overwrite the current contact details? We also want to keep the current connections between companies and contacts, but I guess this is done automatically via some search function in Hubspot?

Best

Joakim

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @JoakimAhlinder,

When you import to company records, you'll choose that object and it will only write to the Company Records, not the Contact Records. If you're looking to maintain Company data that already exists, you would want to create some new properties to store the new imported data...but be cautious with this, as to not muddy up your records and data.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer