CRM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forwarding mail in Gmail build-in function

SOLVE

How can I forwarding mail to my custom e-mail address idnumber@forward.hubspot.com using build-in Gmail forwarding function?

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957

When I type any forwarding e-mail I must confirm this request with code that is send to this e-mail address. It's any option to read this mail from forward.hubspot.com domain?

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@Anonymous there is no way you can access the forwarding address end point in order to verify the inbox. The forwarding address is meant to allow you to forward certain conversations that were not logged to the CRM, but is not intended to capture all of your emails and have them sent to HubSpot. Additionally, this would create contact records in your portal for every email that is sending you emails.

For more information on forwarding emails I would recommend checking out this article as well as this article.

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

There is no option to check this as an email inbox. I'm not sure of your specific situation, but it seems as though there should be a better option for emails getting logged into your HubSpot CRM that requiring the filter feature in gmail.

If you can expand a bit, I (or someone else in the community) would be able to offer some additional insights.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

GMPMO
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm just trying to figure out if we can use Hubspot in my new job - I set up a CRM in my old role.  

Can anyone remind me where I can find the BCC and Forwarding address for my account?

Thanks,

Natalie

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Settings - Sales Settings - Sales - Email Integrations - HubSpot Extensions- Email Integrations - HubSpot Extensions

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I'm looking for better and reliable option to log incomming e-mails into HubSpot CRM, also first mail in conversation with new person.

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@Anonymous there is no way you can access the forwarding address end point in order to verify the inbox. The forwarding address is meant to allow you to forward certain conversations that were not logged to the CRM, but is not intended to capture all of your emails and have them sent to HubSpot. Additionally, this would create contact records in your portal for every email that is sending you emails.

For more information on forwarding emails I would recommend checking out this article as well as this article.

Thank you,

Jenny

SeeResponse
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda 

Why do you think verifying the inbox is required only if the intention is to capture all of the emails? If the verification was possible, I could create a Gmail filter to filter out just the emails that I want to forward, and that way forward certain conversations that were not logged to the CRM. Then it will be exactly like you say it's meant for -- to "forward certain conversations". It's a feature that'll be huge once available. 

amjessey
Participant

SOLVE

I can't understand why Hubspot won't allow users to make use of Gmail automatic forwarding function. That will solve the problem described here. 

To prevent Hubsport creating a contact for each and every email received, all it needs do is keep a hidden log of all recent emails (eg 12 months) and if it that time a contact is created in Hubspot with an email address that matches one in log it retrieves that email and and adds it to the newly created contact record. Simple. 

amjessey
Participant

SOLVE

When would "certain conversations that were not logged to the CRM" occur?

Are all incoming emails (arriving in Gmail with Hubspot Chrome Extension installed) sent to Hubspot and if a contact exists in Hubspot with the same email address of the sender, will it be posted to his record?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
dpandre7
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, I think the point is that I (along with it sounds like a few other users) really want to be able to have not only sent but also received email from a given client/prospect in hub spot. If I can only have sent messages in HubSpot, this renders the tool useless because I need to have the whole conversation in order to support my client/prospect. It seems like there should be a switch I flip that says "yes I want every email communication at xyz.com plugged into HubSpot so I can 100% operate in HubSpot." What am I missing? Why isn't that a thing? – Gratefully Yours 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@dpandre7 if you'd like to see this functionality included in the tool, I would recommend searching for and voting for an idea in our ideas forum. There are conversations over there regarding logging emails, and that will be where our developers will be able to see your feedback and work towards impelmenting it in the future. For example, this thread touches upon the subject you are discussing: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-email-REPLY-button-to-CRM-timeline/idi-p/23802. 

0 Upvotes
APT27t18
Participant

SOLVE

Hello.

No offense intended but this is what happens when you let programmers decide over business features: if you have a business email address you want ALL messages sent and received mirrored in CRM.

This is where your forwarding email address can work provided that you do understand some email providers, most notably being GMail will want to make sure you also control the forwarding email address and you don't just flod some innocent dude: GMail will send an email with a verification code to your xxxxxxxxxxx@forward.hubspot.com and expect to have the verification code provided back in your GMail account; you that doesn't happen the email you provided is pretty much useless...because it will remail in "Verify" status forever...in the picture you can see another (working)forwarding email address used for the same purposes...

Please vote for THIS idea

fwd_Hubspot2.PNG

dpandre7
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks! It looks like with g suite is should all work, but even then inbound emails have to be within threads started in HubSpot. I've tried to upvote the idea on "new ideas," but how is integrating inbound email into contact, company, and deal threads not a core capability? I want to go all in with you guys, but I'm stuck in my inbox if I can't see both sides of the conversation, especially most current/timely inbound messages.  ..Oh, and the link you shared looks broken. Thanks!