CRM

joejumps

Forms properties don't update

SOLVE

I have updated the properties of a field in a form, adding new options, and in another changing the type of field, I saved them, but the changes made don't show in the form.

I have go back to the properties of those fields, and the changes are saved, so I don't know what I am doing wrong .

Please advice, how can I make the changes show in the forms?

Thanks, Joe

1 Accepted solution
joejumps
Solution

SOLVE

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for your reply, yes, I was publishing them after the changes were made, but what I didn't realize is that after making the changes, one needs to add them to each field in the property that you are using in the form.  Now is working fine.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ThosB
Participant

SOLVE

This is a problem I have as well...when you add new "options" and click the button to make them show up in your form, they don't. You have to go back to the form, click on the line item you want to change, look over to the left, see the options that are currently showing up (even if they're turned OFF in your options) and click the "Add Options" button to enable them to show up in your form. 

Also, to actually remove items from showing up on the form, you have to hover over it's name in the "Field Options" section on the left of the form, and when you hover over it, a "REMOVE" button shows up...but it's not there if you don't hover over that option. Very confusing.

This is a process that really needs to be fixed by HubSpot. I literally have to call them every time I make a change to my events drop down in a form because I can't remember all these steps...too many steps for something that should be so easy.

0 Upvotes
DanA
Participant

SOLVE

This is definitely not intuitive! I've been using this setup for a long time now and I don't understand why changing a property doesn't populate the form. Why do need another step of going back into the form and clicking "Add Options." I must be missing something because this seems redundant. ????

0 Upvotes
razvanrus
Participant

SOLVE

Totally agree with you, and this becomes especially frustrating when you want to implement an auto-update feature.

They could add something like a toggle that once enabled will make form fields update automatically.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @joejumps,

Are you publishing the changes after you make them? If you can confirm this, as well as that you are updating the form that is on the direct page, I would also recommend trying to load the form on different browsers/networks/after clearing your cache to ensure you are looking at the most updated version of the form.

Let us know if you're still stuck after taking those steps!

0 Upvotes
joejumps
Solution

SOLVE

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for your reply, yes, I was publishing them after the changes were made, but what I didn't realize is that after making the changes, one needs to add them to each field in the property that you are using in the form.  Now is working fine.

Joe

0 Upvotes