CRM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form creates contact despite "Always create contact for new email address" being disabled

SOLVE

Hi all,

I have created a basic contact form to gather information from my web-site and set-up to automatically create a ticket for each submission. I'd like to use tickets to verify the submission first, before creating a new contact.

Despite the option "Always create contact for new email address" being disabled, every submission with unknown email results in a contact being automatically created.

Am I missing the point of this setting? How can I avoid creation of a contact on submission?

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Form creates contact despite "Always create contact for new email address" being disabled

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous 

This setting has more to do with cookie-tracking.

When enabled, if a contact submits a form with a different email address, but using the same device, HubSpot will create a new contact rather than overwriting the tracking information already collected.

For example:  if someone registers themselves for a webinar then also registers their colleague (using the same device) immediately after, they've unknowingly overwritten their tracking data in HubSpot. 

Details can be found in this article, under the Customize Form Options heading.

Not knowing your process, I would review each contact submission then decide if the contact is valuable. Once decided, manually delete any contacts from HubSpot that you consider low value. 

I hope this helps. If it does, please help the rest of the community by marking this as a solution. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous 

This setting has more to do with cookie-tracking.

When enabled, if a contact submits a form with a different email address, but using the same device, HubSpot will create a new contact rather than overwriting the tracking information already collected.

For example:  if someone registers themselves for a webinar then also registers their colleague (using the same device) immediately after, they've unknowingly overwritten their tracking data in HubSpot. 

Details can be found in this article, under the Customize Form Options heading.

Not knowing your process, I would review each contact submission then decide if the contact is valuable. Once decided, manually delete any contacts from HubSpot that you consider low value. 

I hope this helps. If it does, please help the rest of the community by marking this as a solution. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Thank you @willsmith for explanations!

For us, this is not a great solution to review manually all added contacts and then remove them. Positive confirmation first would be much better process.

For all others, there are similar topics being discussed here (Conversation inbox MASSIVE problem!!)  and here (Disable automatic contact creation for Conversations) .

Many thanks for support!

bmundarain
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you have any update here? For me is impossible to delete manually the negative contacts too.

0 Upvotes