CRM

Edyta7510
Guía

For how long to keep closed won deals on the pipeline?

resolver

Hi All, 

Similar questions were asked on this forum, but I am still not sure on what is the best practice to apply here. 

Our last deal stage on the pipeline is closed won. we're just starting to rollout HubSpot, but I can see that after a few more quarters we'll end up with an endless scroll of deals in that stage. This can be obviously controlled using filters (close date, etc), but I'm wondering whether we should have any other pipeline when these "old, closed won and recognized deals" should be moved. Obviously deleting them is not an option. 

Thanks!

Edyta

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Edyta7510,

Filtering deals from the kanban view is still the best option, in my opinion. Moving them to another pipeline will mess with your reporting and could have other unintended consequences if you have deal automation set up.

When you think about, it's similar to a spreadsheet. In Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel, you probably wouldn't move rows to another sheet either, you would always work with the filtered view. HubSpot's logic is like that, too.

If you have your filtered view, I'd recommend making it the default and pinning it, that way, you're always looking at the "cleaned up" view.

karstenkoehler_0-1618398694345.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Edyta7510,

Right, I missed that. The fastest option would then be a saved view (upper left of the board view). Once you are in a view, your browser URL changes to a direct link to this view. You cannot pin the view, but you can bookmark the URL 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
Edyta7510
Guía

resolver

OK, gotcha! thanks a lot @karstenkoehler 

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Edyta7510,

Right, I missed that. The fastest option would then be a saved view (upper left of the board view). Once you are in a view, your browser URL changes to a direct link to this view. You cannot pin the view, but you can bookmark the URL 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guía

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Big thanks. This will definitely keep it easy to manage. 

I don't seem to be able to pin/set a view as default on a board view - it only works on the list view (we mostly look at the board view though). 

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Edyta7510,

Filtering deals from the kanban view is still the best option, in my opinion. Moving them to another pipeline will mess with your reporting and could have other unintended consequences if you have deal automation set up.

When you think about, it's similar to a spreadsheet. In Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel, you probably wouldn't move rows to another sheet either, you would always work with the filtered view. HubSpot's logic is like that, too.

If you have your filtered view, I'd recommend making it the default and pinning it, that way, you're always looking at the "cleaned up" view.

karstenkoehler_0-1618398694345.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler