CRM

jsc592
Participant

Flow through fields from Company to Customer

SOLVE

Hey everyone 🙂

I have created a custom field against my companies that includes a link to my Google drive where the files for that customer exist. It's really cool! But, what I would also like is to add that field against the customer view as well and for it to fill from the associated company page. 

For example: 

• Company ABC files exist at Location1
  • Against Company ABC, there is a field "Client Files" with a link to Location1
  • Company ABC has an employee named John Smith and John is associated with Company ABC
  • On John Smith's page, I would like the same field "Client Files" with the same link from Company ABC to appear (so manual updating is not required)

If there's another way of doing this and I'm completely off-track, please let me know! 🙂

Many thanks in advance! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jsc592,

There is an automatic solution for this in HubSpot Professional and Enterprise with workflows but not in the free CRM. A workflow would enroll companies and copy the information from the company field to the contact field.

link.png

Without workflows, I would recommend you to customize the company record sidebar to include the new field: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars Now, when you open a contact record, by clicking preview on the company name in the company widget on the right, at least you access the link without having switch from the contact record into the company record entirely.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jsc592,

There is an automatic solution for this in HubSpot Professional and Enterprise with workflows but not in the free CRM. A workflow would enroll companies and copy the information from the company field to the contact field.

link.png

Without workflows, I would recommend you to customize the company record sidebar to include the new field: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars Now, when you open a contact record, by clicking preview on the company name in the company widget on the right, at least you access the link without having switch from the contact record into the company record entirely.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.