CRM

AMulready
Contributor

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Currently going through fixing formatting issues on names and emails. Can only currently pick 50 at a time which is fine if noticed at the start but now have a database of 35k of incorrect formatting and capitilization (over 700 pages of data)

Would like to be able to select much more, select all or over 100 per page

3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Hi @AMulready,

How exactly are you fixing these issues?

There are different ways to approach this:

1. Export contacts, correctly capitalize in Excel or Google Sheets, reimport contacts. Fastest, easiest and cheapest solution.
  2. Use data quality automation (workflow action) in HubSpot Operations Hub Professional. This lives right within HubSpot.
  3. Evaluate third-party solutions like Insycle. Insycle lets you apply formatting rules for your records.

Let me know if you have questions about one of these.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

@AMulready, +1 for Insycle.  It's a really cheap tool, but makes these kind of bulk operations incredibly easy and painless.  Just chugs through all your HubSpot data and allows preview/fix/schedule options.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

RBozeman
Solution
Participant

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Thank you for mentioning Insycle @AdamLPW and @karstenkoehler. I work there 🙂

I wanted to pop in and add a little more context for @AMulready. So, Insycle can format any text field in HubSpot CRM, based on the rules you set. For fields that commonly need standardization or formatting—like personal names, company names, phone numbers, addresses, job titles, industries, countries, states, etc.—Insycle offers pre-built templates that allow you to format these fields out of the box. You can also build your own custom templates for other fields or for problems that are unique to your database. Then you can schedule those templates for automation so that your fields are always formatted consistently on a set schedule. You can even inject Insycle's operations into HubSpot Workflows so that the formatting happens immediately after data hits HubSpot CRM and before your first communications to those contacts go out. 

Alternatively, I would be remiss if I didn't recommend Operations Hub as well. You can do formatting there as well as coding custom solutions for unique issues.

Best,

Ryan

9 Replies 9
RBozeman
Solution
Participant

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Thank you for mentioning Insycle @AdamLPW and @karstenkoehler. I work there 🙂

I wanted to pop in and add a little more context for @AMulready. So, Insycle can format any text field in HubSpot CRM, based on the rules you set. For fields that commonly need standardization or formatting—like personal names, company names, phone numbers, addresses, job titles, industries, countries, states, etc.—Insycle offers pre-built templates that allow you to format these fields out of the box. You can also build your own custom templates for other fields or for problems that are unique to your database. Then you can schedule those templates for automation so that your fields are always formatted consistently on a set schedule. You can even inject Insycle's operations into HubSpot Workflows so that the formatting happens immediately after data hits HubSpot CRM and before your first communications to those contacts go out. 

Alternatively, I would be remiss if I didn't recommend Operations Hub as well. You can do formatting there as well as coding custom solutions for unique issues.

Best,

Ryan

AMulready
Contributor

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I am going through it via the fix formatting issues section Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.52.29.png

It only allows 50 at a time, but obviosuly this takes a massive amount of time,

Thanks,

Karsten

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Hi @AMulready,

Thank you for that added context. In that case, please review the options that I suggested – the behavior of the fix formatting tool cannot be changed as far as I know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
AMulready
Contributor

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

How do I create a list of those with formatting errors? I can see them within the picture i sent you but have no way to export them out or create a list from them

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Hi @AMulready,

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be possible. You would have to export all contacts and then filter those in an Excel file which are not capitalized correctly, for example.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Hi @AMulready,

How exactly are you fixing these issues?

There are different ways to approach this:

1. Export contacts, correctly capitalize in Excel or Google Sheets, reimport contacts. Fastest, easiest and cheapest solution.
  2. Use data quality automation (workflow action) in HubSpot Operations Hub Professional. This lives right within HubSpot.
  3. Evaluate third-party solutions like Insycle. Insycle lets you apply formatting rules for your records.

Let me know if you have questions about one of these.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

AMulready
Contributor

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

I used a workflow in the end to change the First Names to capitalization. It worked great, I can share it below

Format Data with Workflows 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

Hi @AMulready,

Nice! This is the second step I suggested here:

@karstenkoehler wrote:

Use data quality automation (workflow action) in HubSpot Operations Hub Professional. This lives right within HubSpot.

(It's the same link as you shared.)

In any case, glad it's resolved. If you want to make it easier for others to find these options, you can help them by accepting my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

Karsten Köhler

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

Fix Formatting Issues

SOLVE

@AMulready, +1 for Insycle.  It's a really cheap tool, but makes these kind of bulk operations incredibly easy and painless.  Just chugs through all your HubSpot data and allows preview/fix/schedule options.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"