CRM

jlat-newton
Participante

Find deals with no upcoming task

resolver

Hi,

In order to help salespeople organize, I need to identify all deals that do not have an upcoming task (so that they ALWAYS have one).

I can't find a way to do it, thanks for your help.

Jules

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @jlat-newton,

Unfortunately there isn't a straight forward answer to this one. The fastest (but not 100% accurate) way would be to filter by Next activity date. This includes logging a future call, sales email, or meeting using the Log feature, as well as creating a future task or scheduling a future meeting.

If the Next activity date is unknown, it means that the deal does not have a task. If a deal has a next activity date, it might not have a task but should have a call, sales email or meeting (in which case a task might not be needed?).

Alternatively, if you're on a Professional license, you could create a cross-object report of all deals without tasks – let me know if you want to pursue this route and need more details. The data sources would be deals and sales activities, the approach to show all deals with an associated task without completion date. I'd choose a table visualization.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
RVinge
Participante

resolver

I have set up a view in deals to filter for deals with "next activity date is unknown", but there are still deals in this view. See screenshot below for the test-deal "Helion".

It seems like tasks with an overdue date are considered as "unknown". Can that really be the case?

RVinge_2-1642503023902.png

RVinge_3-1642503048161.png

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @jlat-newton,

Unfortunately there isn't a straight forward answer to this one. The fastest (but not 100% accurate) way would be to filter by Next activity date. This includes logging a future call, sales email, or meeting using the Log feature, as well as creating a future task or scheduling a future meeting.

If the Next activity date is unknown, it means that the deal does not have a task. If a deal has a next activity date, it might not have a task but should have a call, sales email or meeting (in which case a task might not be needed?).

Alternatively, if you're on a Professional license, you could create a cross-object report of all deals without tasks – let me know if you want to pursue this route and need more details. The data sources would be deals and sales activities, the approach to show all deals with an associated task without completion date. I'd choose a table visualization.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EForss
Participante

resolver

Hey Karsten,

first of all thanks for your continuous effort in the community!

I'm right now struggling with kind of the same problem and noticed some weird behaviour, for that I currently don't have a solution yet:

In case of an open task that is overdue, the "next activity date" is empty.

This might be logical, since the date is in the past and not upcoming.

However it leads to problems, since it seems really difficult to construct a filter, that includes only deals, that have no or no open task.

What makes the situation more complicated is, that most of the deals already have a bunch of activities as well as some closed tasks as well.

The ultimate goal is to build a workflow, that creates activities for all deals, that are not closed and have no open task.

0 Avaliação positiva
CGrimshaw8
Membro

resolver

Hello Karsten, I can't seem to get an accurate report showing all deals with no tasks assigned. Can you help me with this? I have sales professional. 

0 Avaliação positiva
jlat-newton
Participante

resolver

Thanks Karsten. I'm on a Professional license, but it doesn't work with a cross-object report. I'm unable to build a report showing deals without an ongoing task (Hubspot only shows what exists, not what doesn't).

Also, "Next activity date" is sometimes blank while there's an upcoming task associated to the lead 😕

Other CRMs have a native count of upcoming tasks. Hope Hubspot plans on working on it.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @jlat-newton,

An activity would have to be associated with the contact and the deal, correct. If the task is associated to the contact only, then it would not update the deal property, unfortunately.

(I agree that there should be an easy solution to this.)

There is a related request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community which you could comment on and upvote. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler