CRM

jhdean
Teilnehmer/-in

Find Contacts with no active Tasks scheduled

lösung

Hi,

I'm trying to filter for contacts with no tasks scheduled. I've tried Next Activity Date is unknown, but that finds contacts that do have active tasks.

What does Next Activity Date and Last Activity Date reflect?

Is there a way to filter for no tasks or meetings scheduled?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Dwain
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Firstly, you will have to excuse me as I’m not the best at explaining things just good at solving them.

How to find all leads with no “OPEN TASK” this can also work for deals, meetings and so on.

Steps:

1. Create a Property field under a “contact” or company if you wish as a “Checkbox” for this I’m calling it “NAME” you can call this whatever you want. We call it “lifecycle filter” as this is what we use it for. Place the types of activities you need to filter i.e “Open Tasks”

2. Create a 'Company workflow'. Call it 'open tasks / live tasks' the enrolment trigger would be 'Task status' is any of In Progress, Not Started, Waiting or Deferred then press the + for the next step. Set property value 'Property Type' Contact 'Property to Set' NAME 'NAME' Open Task. Then turn on and enrol all your contacts

3. You then need to complete another workflow in 'contacts' doing the same thing just in case people have placed the task on one and not the other.

4. You then need to do the same workflow for a deal, same reason as above if you're using deals.

5. Once you have completed this you will have all your companies' open tasks marked as 'Open Task' in your field named 'NAME'

6. The final stage is to build an active list stating 'contact properties' NAME is none of 'Open Task' this list will have everyone in your database with no open tasks

7. From here you can create a task and assign them to people or simply do as you need to. You can see by my screengrab above, I filter open tasks and open deals.. it takes time to set up but once it's set up you can run your pipeline more effectively.

Note - It won't let me add the screengrabs

I hope this helps - if you need any more help to let me know and I can arrange something to help you further.

Dwain

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

17 Antworten
CElis
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hey, 
I think I have the most simple solution. 

I have a List with contacts with an active task. 
Here I have all contacts with a task which is "not started"=grey or "overdue" (not sure what is says in english)=red. 

CElis_0-1680181135360.png

With a second list i have all contacts excluding the one from list 1. 
For my case i already added an exclusion for some lifecycle phases. 

CElis_1-1680181338321.png

I hope I could help you or someone reading this and stop you all from using complex WFs. 

Dwain
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Jeff,

If I right understand want your asking here you want to find all your contacts/companies that have no open tasks against them is this right?

If so this is possible to do you just need to build a workaround which happy to explain if you haven't already worked this out or have the answer to it.

Dwain

0 Upvotes
maurice_adia
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I would also love to know the solution for this!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Dwain

We would love to hear more about the workaround you have figured out. Can you share it here? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Dwain
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Firstly, you will have to excuse me as I’m not the best at explaining things just good at solving them.

How to find all leads with no “OPEN TASK” this can also work for deals, meetings and so on.

Steps:

1. Create a Property field under a “contact” or company if you wish as a “Checkbox” for this I’m calling it “NAME” you can call this whatever you want. We call it “lifecycle filter” as this is what we use it for. Place the types of activities you need to filter i.e “Open Tasks”

2. Create a 'Company workflow'. Call it 'open tasks / live tasks' the enrolment trigger would be 'Task status' is any of In Progress, Not Started, Waiting or Deferred then press the + for the next step. Set property value 'Property Type' Contact 'Property to Set' NAME 'NAME' Open Task. Then turn on and enrol all your contacts

3. You then need to complete another workflow in 'contacts' doing the same thing just in case people have placed the task on one and not the other.

4. You then need to do the same workflow for a deal, same reason as above if you're using deals.

5. Once you have completed this you will have all your companies' open tasks marked as 'Open Task' in your field named 'NAME'

6. The final stage is to build an active list stating 'contact properties' NAME is none of 'Open Task' this list will have everyone in your database with no open tasks

7. From here you can create a task and assign them to people or simply do as you need to. You can see by my screengrab above, I filter open tasks and open deals.. it takes time to set up but once it's set up you can run your pipeline more effectively.

Note - It won't let me add the screengrabs

I hope this helps - if you need any more help to let me know and I can arrange something to help you further.

Dwain

StefanStrohmer
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@Dwain thanks a lot for sharing, just like maurice. this helped me so much!

0 Upvotes
Dwain
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Your welcome anytime

0 Upvotes
maurice_adia
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you very much for this Dwain!

I implemented it as well and I think this approach works as workaround to find the companies withouth tasks.

I added some more enrolment criterias so that companies get enrolled whenever something changes in their open task status or a new company gets created.

Cheerz,

Maurice

Active Task WorkflowActive Task Workflow

StefanStrohmer
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@maurice_adia 

You are literally my hero. I was trying to build sth like this for at least 10 hrs already and finally found your post and solution. Thanks so much for sharing this here!

pstauble
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Maurice, just wondering how you are dealing with re-enrollment in this case? From my understanding it isnt possible to have the deals go through this flow multiple time as associated activities cannot be used to re-enroll in workflows. Appreciate the help as this is exactly where I am stuck!

woody
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@pstauble : Yes, there is a way to dealing with re-enrollment for the triggers that don't let you re-enrollment.

I create a combination of 3 workflows and 2 properties:

Property 1 (dropdown select) with 2 values:
- Have a next active Task
- Not have any next active Task

Property 2 (dropdown select) with 1 value: Trigger the "next task workflow".

WF01:
Enrollment trigger is something that helps me to filter out the contacts that I want to check (unchecked for re-enrollment)
Then enroll into WF02.

Workflow 01Workflow 01

WF02:
No triggers set (checked re-enrollment)
Then clear property value of Property 2.
Then set property value of Property 2 to [Trigger the "next task workflow"].
Then set an If then branch.
Condition: Task status is any of Deferred, Inprogress, Not start, or waiting.
YES branch is Set property 1 to "Have a next active Task"
NO brach is Set property 1 to "Not have any next active Task"

Workflow 02Workflow 02

WF03:
Enrollment trigger is "Property 2 is any of Trigger the "next task workflow". (checked re-enrollment)
Then delay for 2 days
Then enroll into WF02.

Workflow 03Workflow 03

With that, any contact that has ever passed through WF01 will go through WF02 again and again indefinitely once every 2 days.

You cannot re-enroll based on trigger but at least you can re-enroll in perpetual periodic.

0 Upvotes
Dwain
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Maurice,

Great work I'm glad it helps you out, I have open deals in mine too as I've built a custom lifecycle for the company.

Dwain

0 Upvotes
majohnboy
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Is there any way to do this with Queues?  i.e.  Show tasks that are not in a queue?

I was thinking of using queues to prioritise and categorise work.   

eg  Proposal Queue

or

Important (High Value) Proposals Queue

or 

Hot, warm, cold etc

I just can't think of a good way for reps to use hubspot efficiently without deals falling through gaps.  

Should they live on the task screen?  The queue screen?  I can't find much info on this, and so would love to hear how companies are using hubspot in practice.  

Thanks

RebekahT
Mitglied

lösung

Dwain,

I would love to know this work around to finding contacts with no scheduled tasks.

Thanks!

Rebekah

0 Upvotes
JonShu
Mitglied

lösung

You can actually easy find deals without a task. Simply create a filter where "Next activity date" : "is unknown". Good luck!

MayPascaud
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @jhdean,

The "Next Activity Date" and "Last Activity Date" properties refer to the last/next time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact.

You can read more about these here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/whats-the-difference-between-the-last-co...

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/what-activities-will-update-the-next-act...

At this time, it is not possible to filter contacts by whether or not they have a task associated with them - we do not yet have a contact property that records task activities specifically. However, I can definitely see the use case for this, and would encourage you to post about it on our Ideas Forum here in the Community whenever you get the chance!

May

Siddall
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Gotta have this folks.  Reps with 100+ Leads at any given time RELY on Tasks to keep everything sorted for their daily operations / touches. 

Sorting and listing on 'last activity date', 'creation date', or the like just doesn't give a true picture of a lead slipping through the cracks.  Correct me if I'm wrong but a generic Marketing Email (i.e. newsletter or blog announcement) sent to a Contact will update the "last activity date".  This is not a fair representation of the Sales Rep's 'last activity date'.

Contact records do have "next activity date", which factors in future Tasks scheduled.  However, Deals DO NOT have this field...sigh.  So if a Rep is busy, happens to be in the Deal record, rather than the Contact record (it happens!), and adds the next Task...the Rep MUST remember to now add the Contact to this Task, while having a sandwich in one hand and a phone in the other...it's not going to happen folks. 😞

It seems that adding a Task to a Deal does not automatically associate to the Contact(s) linked with the Deal.  Thus, 

The biggest challenge I see right now with Reps is having to work out of Contacts AND Deals...where you work with Contacts that have not had their Opportunity defined yet (early in the sales cycle) and working with the obvious Deals (pushing them through the stages).

However, these two HubSpot 'entities' do not have the same style of "next steps" functionality.  Yes, they both have Tasks, but the linkage is manual and Deals doesn't capture the next Task Date, while Contacts does.  We can't figure out how to keep things from falling through the cracks...too many different variables.

I'd rather see a feature to:

1) turn off the creation of Tasks at the Deal level (i.e. force the Contact Task, so reporting on missing Next-Tasks is possible), or

2) feature to auto-associate the Contact with a Deal Task (so reporting on missing Next-Tasks is possible, at the Contact-level)

3) add "Next Activity Date" to Deals, OR

4) add the field "Next Task Date" field to all records...which still doesn't address the fact that you couldn't easily report on an Opportunity with no next Task created.

Where do Reps work from when they have high volumes of leads?