CRM

Katewasa

Filters not working

SOLVE

Hello - new to hubspot - just trying to filter my contacts by their city - if i use certain cities then it works but if i ask for others i get a report of ' know contacts found' yet when i manually check there are contacts with that city and entered in the right feild - any ideas? - is this a glitch?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Filters not working

SOLVE

Hi @Katewasa

I had a look at this in some of my portals and saw a similar behaviour. What I found is that a city filter needed to be a complete word match before any results come up. 

So 'camebr' will not work while 'camebridge' will. 

What I noticed was that in two word citys, a complete match with either word does bring up a result, ie. 'san' will return San Francisco, San Jose, etc.

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
theebizwiz
Participant

Filters not working

SOLVE

Is anyone out there having issues with their filters not working?

Mine worked yesterday and today they appear to be broken.

MarkCarp
Participant

Filters not working

SOLVE

Experiencing the same thing

theebizwiz
Participant

Filters not working

SOLVE
Seems that there are a number of issues with my account today. In multiple browsers
0 Upvotes
Ydnas

Filters not working

SOLVE

I'm experiencing the same with filters - when I type in the full name I want to filter, filtered in a particular column, it doesn't catch all the items I know to be there. It does however catch the same name I'm wanting to filter for in a different column.

Help please

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Filters not working

SOLVE

HI @Ydnas,

Can you please provide screenshots and additional information in regards to where you are getting stuck? 

Additionally, can you please confirm the issue persists across multiple browsers? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JamesHabi

Filters not working

SOLVE

I have the same issue here. I have created a new property with 3 different potential values

If I try to filter with it then I sometimes get results and sometimes don't - I can't get screenshots as it is now working but 10 minutes ago it only worked if I selected 2 values and not if I selected one. IF it recurrs I will screenshot it for you

0 Upvotes
Katewasa

Filters not working

SOLVE

thanks you - it seems to now be working

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Filters not working

SOLVE

Hi @Katewasa

I had a look at this in some of my portals and saw a similar behaviour. What I found is that a city filter needed to be a complete word match before any results come up. 

So 'camebr' will not work while 'camebridge' will. 

What I noticed was that in two word citys, a complete match with either word does bring up a result, ie. 'san' will return San Francisco, San Jose, etc.

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Vaite
Participant

Filters not working

SOLVE

2 problems: 

1. Very strangely, I have 15 contacts all marked City "Lille" but when I search for Filter City contains Lille I only get 8 results.

I checked a few times that there is no extra space at the beginning or end of "Lille", so all are EXACT matches.

2. I also have the Postcodes for several cities, that all start with 59.

When I filter by "Postal code contains 59" I only get exact matches for 59. 

When I filter by "Postal code contains 59*" I get some - but not all - the matches that start with 59.  I've also checked that there are no spaces in the entries, which are 59140, 59350, 59 etc.

0 Upvotes
Nico7y7

Filters not working

SOLVE

Hi there,

I've only recently started using HubSpot, but I seem to have experienced a similar problem with filtering. 

I have a bunch of contacts which were labeled under a spefic property. I then had to move these contacts to a different property. For some reason, when I filter the contacts via the new property, not all of them show up (more or less ten missing). The weird thing is that when you go into the contacts that don't show up, the new property is marked as it should be. If you then change something, and save it, and try and filter via the new property, that specific contact will now show up.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Nico

0 Upvotes