Filtering on property history

faseidl

Is it possible (via either the UI or API) to filter on historic property values? For example, I would like to find all contacts that were at one time owned by a specific user (but are not currently owned by that user).

7 Replies 7
workrails
Participant

Faseidl,

I believe what you're asking is to see the history of a property. As I'm sure you are aware when in a contact record you can highlight over any property and a button called "see history" will appear. You can click this to view the history of that specific contacts property. 

You can take this further in a smart list by using the filter "has ever been". You can say HubSpot Owner has ever been "John". This will show you all contacts that have ever, at any point been owned by John but may or may not still be owned by John. Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 9.18.20 AM.png

0 Upvotes
javirevi
Contributor

It doesn't help much if it is possible only for some fields.

We have a lot of custom properties and you can only filter by contains/doesn't contain/known/unkwonn...

0 Upvotes
LumaBendini
Participant

For me, it actually works with all costume properties - I'm using the contact level here. Meaning: I set an active list and say: contact property *has ever been* than I can find my own properties there, the custom ones.

If I add another filter for the same property saying *property is* and set whatever I want to check the "history" for, is works. 

By saying *has ever been* and *IS* I can actually track the history of that specific property for all contacts. Hope I could make myself clear! 

knmehler
Contributor

I believe the difference between the responses and the initial question is filtering vs. lists. With marketing tools, you can create lists robust enough to drill into property history, but filtering tools (within the contact list itself) don't seem to have the same functionality.

Is there a workaround for members of the team who only have filtering ability, but no access to lists?

etellez
Participant

Thanks,

I had the same question and you reply helped me a lot.

0 Upvotes
ybn
Participant

The same "has ever been" as in the list functionality should be available in the contact list view and in reports.

0 Upvotes
knmehler
Contributor

Could you provide screenshots? I would be very interested in seeing this, if it's become a feature!

0 Upvotes