CRM

smk

Filtering for multiple deals in a single pipeline

SOLVE

Hi, everyone.  How can I use a list (other whatever) to filter for contacts multiple deals in a single pipeline?  For example, I have a pipeline called "Clients".  I would like to know which Contacts are associated with 2 or more deals in the Client pipeline.

Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

I don't think there is a native way to do this in HubSpot, since all list building in HubSpot revolves around "At least one associated object has" (and this can currently not be changed).

It looks like you have a Professional license. As is of the case, there is a workaround using workflows. I have not tested this, but you could create a custom number property for contact records and use a workflow to increase the number by 1 whenever a deal is created that is associated with a contact. You could then build lists, views and reports to check how many contacts have one associated deal, two, three etc.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JamesCrowleyOB

SOLVE

I would love to see in Lists to be able to be set to "At least two associated Deals have (insert Deal Property) contains any of (Insert Property Content)". I work in a business with a lot of repeat buyers and I want to see how many people purchases 2, 3, or however many times people bought a specific thing from my company. The workflow idea that is mentioned below only really works if you only have 2 or 3 products. I sell event tickets and it would get too messy if I created a "number of tickets sold for (insert talent)" property and a workflow that corresponded with each one. Hubspot should really give us the ability to create lists that say "At least two associated Deals have (insert Deal Property) contains any of (Insert Property Content)"

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

I might be missing something but wouldn't you be able to solve for that with making use of 'decrease value by' action and being selective about deal stages?

For example, if you want to know how many active/open deals are associated with a contact, with a deal-based workflow you could enroll deals of all stages except for 'Closed Won' and 'Closed Lost'. This workflow ould increase the number property of the contacts associated with the deal by 1. Another workflow could decrease number once a deal moves to 'Closed Won' or 'Closed Lost'.

Let me know if we're getting closer to a solution haha.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

smk

SOLVE

Thanks, Karsten - appreciated.  The challenge with this approach is that there are hundreds/thousands of deals that already exist, so getting that custom property accurately updated becomes a circular problem.  🙂

Thanks again for your creativity.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

I don't think there is a native way to do this in HubSpot, since all list building in HubSpot revolves around "At least one associated object has" (and this can currently not be changed).

It looks like you have a Professional license. As is of the case, there is a workaround using workflows. I have not tested this, but you could create a custom number property for contact records and use a workflow to increase the number by 1 whenever a deal is created that is associated with a contact. You could then build lists, views and reports to check how many contacts have one associated deal, two, three etc.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler