CRM

dhuie

Filtering contact by company type

SOLVE

It would seem logical that I should be able to filter my Contacts list by Company Type.  In other words, I may want to see a list of just the contacts who work for companies I have categorized as Prospects.  That makes perfect sense to me.  However, Company Type is a company property, and it does not appear that I can filter my Contacts list based on a company property.  Does anyone have a solution (or a hack) for this?  Thank you.

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot smart lists are designed to solve exactly this scenario.

-1- Use company criteria to build a HubSpot smart list of contacts.

-2- Filter your contacts based on membership in your shiney new smart list.

- see Create and customize saved filters

Contact List ExampleContact List Example

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @dhuie to add further context, the HubSpot Lists tool applies to the following subscription types: Marketing Hub Starter, Professional, Enterprise
Legacy Marketing Hub Basic

This tool will also, in part, support your goals in the CRM and is available to all subscription types: Create and customize saved filters

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot smart lists are designed to solve exactly this scenario.

-1- Use company criteria to build a HubSpot smart list of contacts.

-2- Filter your contacts based on membership in your shiney new smart list.

- see Create and customize saved filters

Contact List ExampleContact List Example

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
cam-gen
Participant

SOLVE

Unfortunately you cant filter across two different smart lists. Only Contacts or Only Companies but not both! NB: we're on Marketing starter. Sad 😞

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @dhuie to add further context, the HubSpot Lists tool applies to the following subscription types: Marketing Hub Starter, Professional, Enterprise
Legacy Marketing Hub Basic

This tool will also, in part, support your goals in the CRM and is available to all subscription types: Create and customize saved filters

0 Upvotes
garyb

SOLVE

Hi,

I have a basic Hubspot account currently. Is it possible to create a list of contacts with the filter of company type 'prospect'?

I can't see how to do it and it seems like such a basic filter. If you want to email your contacts at your prospect accounts you surely should be able to filter to that.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Gary

0 Upvotes
NU_2020

SOLVE

I have the same issue, while I have a few contacts currently in HS, I am looking for a solution to automatically updating this as companies are added.

Currently I am looking into HS company-->Zapier--HS Contact. 

I may have to insert spread sheet in the middle, HS company-->zapier--> spreadsheet then spreadsheet -->zapier -->HS contact

my thoughts are that the company type would be written to the spreadsheet along with email and i would strip out the email after the @ then perform a contact update based upon the ending portion of the email.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes