CRM

HelenSchafer
Participante

Filtering Notes and Emails

resolver

Hi. I am trying to work out the best way to be able to filter activity with a client into two streams.  1. general emails and notes logged against the contact  and  2. Specific important emails sent to the client that have legal advice in them.   

?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
AdamLPW
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi Helen,

To the best of my knowledge, there are only the 5 standard channels for contact activity (i.e. Activity, Notes, Emails, Calls, Tasks).  There is no native functionality in HubSpot to add custom channels (again, AFAIK).  

What may be of use to you is adding a ticket or deal to the contact, for example create a ticket called "LEGAL ISSUES" then multi-select from "Associate email with" both the customer and the ticket.  I've used this in the past to pick up just emails from a customer on a certain subject.  

You can then use Filter Activity on the activity stream and just choose "Ticket Activity".  

Not pretty, but whenever you're trying to make up for a lack of native functionality there will be an element of work-around.

I'd also recommend adding a suggestion on the ideas board for creating custom activity streams if there isn't already one there.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
AdamLPW
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi Helen,

To the best of my knowledge, there are only the 5 standard channels for contact activity (i.e. Activity, Notes, Emails, Calls, Tasks).  There is no native functionality in HubSpot to add custom channels (again, AFAIK).  

What may be of use to you is adding a ticket or deal to the contact, for example create a ticket called "LEGAL ISSUES" then multi-select from "Associate email with" both the customer and the ticket.  I've used this in the past to pick up just emails from a customer on a certain subject.  

You can then use Filter Activity on the activity stream and just choose "Ticket Activity".  

Not pretty, but whenever you're trying to make up for a lack of native functionality there will be an element of work-around.

I'd also recommend adding a suggestion on the ideas board for creating custom activity streams if there isn't already one there.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
HelenSchafer
Participante

resolver

Thanks Adam.  It's re-assuring to know I hadn't missed something obvious.

I actually wondered if a Custom Report would do the trick - being able to search for example for emails with a particular word in the subject line or email content. 

I can see how the ticket/deal option you suggest would work - as you say clunky but viable if low volumes. 

However for this small business paying $200 a month for custom reporting functionality just for that is not a good decision.  Many thanks - really appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

0 Avaliação positiva