Filter setting lost on return to page - was working previously

ConradS
Contributor

Our team had been using a single tab (contacts view) to load a saved filter, click on a contact in the list, take an action with that contact, then click the <-contacts link at the top of the page to return to the filtered list. This worked well until this week. It now returns to the unfiltered contacts list (all contacts) - in other words, the selected (saved) filter is no longer active! This is true across multiple machines running various windows (7, 8.1, 10) all of which are running the most current browsers (FF 58 / CH 63). What changed and how can it be returned to the previous operational state?? Thank you for your help.

(BTW attempted to replicate on IE 11 but hubspot apparently blocks that browser from even logging into hubspot !!)

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ConradS

I am uanble to replicate this behavior on my end. Can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing, what actions you are taking in the contact record, and what saved filter you're working with so I can take a look? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ConradS
Contributor

Yes, thank you! Will that information be publicly visible on this board? If so, I'd prefer to send it directly to an email address if that is possible. Contact information is from lists we've purchased with specific terms, as I'm sure you can understand.

However, the symptom is persistent across filters, browsers, and computers. So if I use a saved filter with selects for lead status+lead source on the contacts list, then click on a contact, then return (via the <-contacts link top left in the hubspot display)... it used to take me back to the filtered contact list. It now returns me to the contact list with NO filters loaded. As I said, across multiple browsers on multiple systems. This behaviour only began a short time ago (1-2 weeks). I believe Firefox did an update last week (57 -> 58), think Chrome did too (63 -> 64) (don't use IE or Edge), but this change in behaviour began prior to those updates. Primarily use Chrome (on Win 7 Pro / Win 8.1 / Win 10). 

Hopefully this provides a bit more insight - really appreciate any help. Of course the work around for now is to right-click the contact and use it in another tab, so it is not a UI fail totally, but would be REALLY nice to have the previous UI operational state. 🙂

0 Upvotes
ConradS
Contributor

Well....went to make a screen capture movie of the process and viola, guess what, just like the car that never acts up at the shop...hubspot back to previous operation (chrome + win7)!!

One other item that I did fail to mention, though, is that our process, after selecting the saved filter, included sorting the contact list from oldest (so never contacted is listed first) to newest (those most recently contacted) and working from there.

I will repost if the problem reoccurs, thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
ConradS
Contributor

Incidentally, we havemoved to Task Queue (forced by the above mentioned issue) and find the use of the Task Queue approach to be highly productive, more user friendly/intuitive, and overall a far better approach for our B2B outbound call campaign SDR team!! Highly recommend!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

HI @ConradS

Thank you for sharing the information, as well as your recmmendation for the task queue! 

Please let me know if the issue occurs in the future.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes