CRM

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Filter for contacts where the property was cleared

SOLVE

Is there a way to find contacts where the property was once "known" but is now blank? I'd like to use the fact that a property was once filled in, but now blank, in a workflow. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mrspabs,

There isn't a general filter for broad 'has ever been known', correct. I see two/three approaches here:

If the property is not a single-line text property that could take any value (or, in other words, if you know the list of potential values), you can use the 'has ever been equal to any of' or 'has ever contained exactly' plus 'is unknown'.

Additionally, when I just tested this now, this worked:

karstenkoehler_0-1657081457176.png

The first filter just contains a space character (which seems to serve as a wildcard). The list returned one contact which has had a first name in the past and which I removed for test purposes.

Another approach would be to export the property history of the property, filter and re-import it to create a list (one-time effort, manual) to continue working with this information.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ALevesque2
Participant

SOLVE

If the property was cleared accidentally, and I want to repopulate it ("became a marketing qualified lead date" - how do I do that?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mrspabs,

There isn't a general filter for broad 'has ever been known', correct. I see two/three approaches here:

If the property is not a single-line text property that could take any value (or, in other words, if you know the list of potential values), you can use the 'has ever been equal to any of' or 'has ever contained exactly' plus 'is unknown'.

Additionally, when I just tested this now, this worked:

karstenkoehler_0-1657081457176.png

The first filter just contains a space character (which seems to serve as a wildcard). The list returned one contact which has had a first name in the past and which I removed for test purposes.

Another approach would be to export the property history of the property, filter and re-import it to create a list (one-time effort, manual) to continue working with this information.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.