CRM

Lihilu

Filter contacts with notes during the last week

SOLVE

I'm trying to find a way to find all contacts with notes during the last week. 

I found a way to create a list of all contacts with notes, but cannot filter that by relative dates, or a way to filter contacts by relative dates but then notes is not considered a property. 

How can I find all contacts or companies with notes written during a relative period?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

You can take the following steps:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
  • In the upper right, click Create custom report.
  • In the left panel, select Single object or Cross-object.
  • Select the objects you want to report on (Activities), then click Next.
  • At the top, click your report's name to edit it.

In the upper left, click Filters to segment the records that appear in your report.

• Click Add filter and browse or search for the property you want to use to filter your report, then set the criteria.

You can also refer to this documentation to find out more: Create custom single object and cross-object reports 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
sttang
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Lihilu 👋🏻,

To filter contacts with notes logged on a specific date range, you can consider using lists and/or reports to do so.

Using the Lists tool for contacts

With the lists tool, you can use Activity Properties such as Activity Type and Activity Date. For example:Activity filters on listsActivity filters on lists

With these filters, the list will return all the contacts who have a logged note within the specified date range. However, as Lists are actually contact lists, you won't be able to use lists for Companies. For Companies, you can create custom reports instead - see the section below. 

Using the Reports tool for Companies (can also be used for Contacts)

If you can create custom reports in your portal, you can create a custom cross-object report using similar filters to get the companies who have notes created within the specified date range:Report filterReport filter

Report chartReport chart

Hope this helps you 🙂

0 Upvotes
Lihilu

SOLVE

Appreciate your help and taking the time to take screenshots and all.

However, I'm looking to have a relative date search, for example - this week\month\last 7 days etc. 

Is there a way to do that?

0 Upvotes
sttang
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Lihilu,

To share more, the filters differ slightly depending on the type of report used. If you use the cross-object report (i.e. Companies + Activities cross-object report), you won't have the option to choose "this week / month" but perhaps you can use the same Activity filter in Reports but have it as "Activity updated in last ___ days" such as: Activity filterActivity filter

With this filter, you can have all the data set to be within the last 7, 30, 365 days to have it similar to the filter "last week / month / year". 

In this case, if you wish to have a relative date search, perhaps you can consider creating a simple Activities report (not a cross-object report) instead as it gives you the option to filter for the ranges you wish to:Activity date filterActivity date filter

To build this report, you need the following filters and display the Associated Companies / Contacts accordingly: Report filtersReport filtersReport configurationsReport configurations

Lihilu

SOLVE

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I'm still confused as to where you took the screenshots from as I cannot find it.

What is an activity report? 

How did you get to the pages you provided here? 

0 Upvotes
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

You can take the following steps:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
  • In the upper right, click Create custom report.
  • In the left panel, select Single object or Cross-object.
  • Select the objects you want to report on (Activities), then click Next.
  • At the top, click your report's name to edit it.

In the upper left, click Filters to segment the records that appear in your report.

• Click Add filter and browse or search for the property you want to use to filter your report, then set the criteria.

You can also refer to this documentation to find out more: Create custom single object and cross-object reports 

Lihilu

SOLVE

Thanks!!

0 Upvotes