CRM

z_klien

Filter all contacts by select companies

SOLVE

I am looking to filter all my contacts by about 10 companies.

I would like to view the contacts that are associated with these 10 companies to export.

When I add one "associated company" as a filter, I am unable to go back and add other companies

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @z_klien,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

Typically when filtering contact properties for a view in the CRM you have the ability to use AND/OR operators to filter for a variety of different values, however "Associated Company" is a bit of a different breed.  It isn't technically a contact property - it is just an association between contact and company.  The product doesn't currently allow you to use AND/OR operators for Associated Company.  

One workaround could be to export all contacts, copy the Associated Company property values into the contact property "Company" column, import the data, and then use the contact property "company" with OR operators to isolate certain contacts.  

I suppose another workaround could be to export all contacts, and then filter the Associated Company column to only display the 10 associated companies that you want to see contacts for.  I know it's not ideal that both workarounds would require some work in Excel, but I think the end goal could still be accomplished by either workaround.  

Let me know if you have any questions about this information.

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @z_klien,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

Typically when filtering contact properties for a view in the CRM you have the ability to use AND/OR operators to filter for a variety of different values, however "Associated Company" is a bit of a different breed.  It isn't technically a contact property - it is just an association between contact and company.  The product doesn't currently allow you to use AND/OR operators for Associated Company.  

One workaround could be to export all contacts, copy the Associated Company property values into the contact property "Company" column, import the data, and then use the contact property "company" with OR operators to isolate certain contacts.  

I suppose another workaround could be to export all contacts, and then filter the Associated Company column to only display the 10 associated companies that you want to see contacts for.  I know it's not ideal that both workarounds would require some work in Excel, but I think the end goal could still be accomplished by either workaround.  

Let me know if you have any questions about this information.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes