CRM

John-Wick

Filter: OR as an option?

SOLVE

Hi,

We would like to have the filtering in "Deals" to have the option "OR" instead of only "AND". This is mainly becuase each salesperson would like to see a summary of all deals they have. Sometimes they are "Deal Owner" and sometimes "Deal Owner 2". They are around 12 salespersons for now.

Could a possible workaround be that we create "Deal owner X" from 1 to 12 and each salesperson decide what number they have?

Extra: So they also would to have a split of the ordervalue 50/50 when they are on a meeting together. Possible?  

Best regards,

John

Picknick Media

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @John-Wick,

That's correct, you can't use the OR operator in filtered views.

By definition, the multiple owner properties (Deal owner, Deal owner 2 etc.) which you're using can only have one value. If you want to be able to filter by multiple values, you'd have to create a custom multiple checkboxes deal property. This property would have the names of all deal owners. For any deal, you could select two or more owners now and set the according deal view filters.

Regarding your second question, as far as I know split attribution is not possible in HubSpot. I've found a suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestion, I'd recommed commenting / upvoting: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Splitting-Deal-Amounts-Between-Salespeople/idi-p/1843...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @John-Wick,

The OR filter is now available on the contact, company, deal and ticket index pages:

karstenkoehler_1-1676992191623.png

If you're not seeing this yet, HubSpot might be rolling it out gradually and you should have it soon.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @John-Wick,

The OR filter is now available on the contact, company, deal and ticket index pages:

karstenkoehler_1-1676992191623.png

If you're not seeing this yet, HubSpot might be rolling it out gradually and you should have it soon.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MHeitmann
Participant

SOLVE

Checking back two years later, did anything happen to this 'or' functionality?

steinarslatten
Participant

SOLVE

+1 to this. We normally have 2-3 people working in different roles on a deal (owner, partner, support) and would like to give them a view where they can see "all deals I have a role on". This is currently not possible. The workaround is to make a custom report for them, which allows you to use "OR"-filters. Since this is possible for custom reports, it feels like it shouldn't be too big of an ask to get the "OR"-filter functionality in Deal View. 

Data1

SOLVE

Hi there. We too are a real estate agency and this "or" feature to filter deals is a MUST. We typically have 2 - 3 agents working one area so the deal needs to be seen by all three agents. Is there any update from hubspot on having this feature built in?

EricaSmith
Contributor

SOLVE

We are in desperate need of this feature.  We utilize HS in our Real Estate team.  We have deal owners (which is great...the way we have our system/reports set up the owner is the one that gets credit for conversion).  Where we run into trouble is on one Deal (for us it is either a home sale or purchase) we have multiple agents on it and they could be in a couple of different roles (either a Buyer Agent, Listing Agent, or Showing Assistant).  So, our Buyer Agents can also work as Listing Agents and Showing Assistants but they can't pull ONE view for all of their deals.  They have to pull them separately by role.  This same thing is also happening with our contact records.  Deals and contacts are falling through the cracks because there are just too many different ways to pull the data vs getting one big picture to know who the individual agent needs to follow up with.  The OR feature is imperative and the lack of having it is honestly costing us money.   

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EricaSmith and @Data1,

Thanks for reaching out!

According to the idea that @karstenkoehler linked, this feature is currently in planning. I would encourage you to upvote and comment on that post if you have not done so yet.

The Ideas Forum is the best place to give feedback to our product team as well as get updates from the product team regarding user-submitted ideas. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @John-Wick,

That's correct, you can't use the OR operator in filtered views.

By definition, the multiple owner properties (Deal owner, Deal owner 2 etc.) which you're using can only have one value. If you want to be able to filter by multiple values, you'd have to create a custom multiple checkboxes deal property. This property would have the names of all deal owners. For any deal, you could select two or more owners now and set the according deal view filters.

Regarding your second question, as far as I know split attribution is not possible in HubSpot. I've found a suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestion, I'd recommed commenting / upvoting: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Splitting-Deal-Amounts-Between-Salespeople/idi-p/1843...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

LDowdy
Contributor

SOLVE

Very surprised that something as basic as an "OR" operator for filtering data for reports is not available.  Just cannot comprehend how that is possible.  Am I missing something?  I cannot figure out how to simply say I want records for field equals this OR this?  And List is not an option, because most all of our data is housed in a Customer Object.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LDowdy and @MHeitmann,

Thank you for reaching out and for your feedback.

This idea is currently in planning according to the idea status here. I would recommend upvoting and commenting on your use case so you're automatically subscribed to the idea.  You'll receive notifications when our product team makes a status update to the idea.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
EricaSmith
Contributor

SOLVE

Am I missing something? Why are we being directed to this other post. These are not the same ideas. We aren't asking for a report and a way to divide commission differently. We are asking for an Or filter option when searching for contacts and/or deals.