CRM

PeakyFitness

File Upload Property - Not working for Contact information

SOLVE

Hello everyone, 

Happy New year! I need some help identifying why my file upload property is not working as it should when I am creating a new contact or updating exisiting contacts. 

My aim is to: 

Use the property to upload photo ID

When I go to create a new contact and scroll to the "Photo ID" Field that is set up in properties for a file upload. The property behaves like a single line of text field. I have double checked the settings and it clearly states "file upload in the settings. 

Am I missing something in settings? I am aiming  for GDPR compliance and reducing physical paper within the business. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Paul

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PeakyFitness 

If I recall correctly, the file upload property type only works in a visitor-facing form applicaton and not in the CRM UI itself. Your best bet is probably to use the attachement feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PeakyFitness,

Good news, this is now possible!

CRM Platform | Companies | Tickets | Deals | Contacts

Improved file property experience in the CRM

Mar 25, 2024

What is it?

Today, you can create a custom file property in the CRM. In forms, visitors can upload files as part of their submission.

Now, you will be able to upload and manage files using a custom file property in the CRM, enabling you to more seamlessly manage files across the CRM platform.

Why does it matter?

These enhancements to custom file properties will improve file management in HubSpot. Some examples of how they can be used:

• Requiring that a purchase agreement is attached to every new deal created using the Create Deal form
  • Requiring a file property based on the value of another property using Conditional Property Logic
  • Requiring a contract to be uploaded to a file property when Deal Stage = Closed/Won
  • Uploading a CV to a Contact record, and control which users can access that property ('CV') using Field-Level Permissions

How does it work?

Object Settings > Properties > Create Property > File

Demo

For previously existing file properties, HubSpot will attempt to resolve existing values on file properties and show them as preview links in the file manager. Unresolved values will be highlighted in red, noting that the value doesn’t appear to reference a file.

Limitations to keep in mind:

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

Learn More:

Join the discussion on our Community

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can find this public beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1711429786079.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PeakyFitness,

Good news, this is now possible!

CRM Platform | Companies | Tickets | Deals | Contacts

Improved file property experience in the CRM

Mar 25, 2024

What is it?

Today, you can create a custom file property in the CRM. In forms, visitors can upload files as part of their submission.

Now, you will be able to upload and manage files using a custom file property in the CRM, enabling you to more seamlessly manage files across the CRM platform.

Why does it matter?

These enhancements to custom file properties will improve file management in HubSpot. Some examples of how they can be used:

• Requiring that a purchase agreement is attached to every new deal created using the Create Deal form
  • Requiring a file property based on the value of another property using Conditional Property Logic
  • Requiring a contract to be uploaded to a file property when Deal Stage = Closed/Won
  • Uploading a CV to a Contact record, and control which users can access that property ('CV') using Field-Level Permissions

How does it work?

Object Settings > Properties > Create Property > File

Demo

For previously existing file properties, HubSpot will attempt to resolve existing values on file properties and show them as preview links in the file manager. Unresolved values will be highlighted in red, noting that the value doesn’t appear to reference a file.

Limitations to keep in mind:

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

Learn More:

Join the discussion on our Community

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can find this public beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1711429786079.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @PeakyFitness 

If I recall correctly, the file upload property type only works in a visitor-facing form applicaton and not in the CRM UI itself. Your best bet is probably to use the attachement feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
PeakyFitness

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender 

Thank you. Yes I think the attachment option is going to be the best option for now. I have changed my "Proof of ID" Property to a drop down option to act as a reminder to check for attached ID. I need to log ID for compliance purposes for our awartding body for exam security. 

This will work for my requirements. Many thanks for the input. Happy New Year! 

Paul 

0 Upvotes