File Upload Property - Not working for Contact information

SOLVE
PeakyFitness

Hello everyone, 

Happy New year! I need some help identifying why my file upload property is not working as it should when I am creating a new contact or updating exisiting contacts. 

My aim is to: 

Use the property to upload photo ID

When I go to create a new contact and scroll to the "Photo ID" Field that is set up in properties for a file upload. The property behaves like a single line of text field. I have double checked the settings and it clearly states "file upload in the settings. 

Am I missing something in settings? I am aiming  for GDPR compliance and reducing physical paper within the business. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Paul

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @PeakyFitness 

If I recall correctly, the file upload property type only works in a visitor-facing form applicaton and not in the CRM UI itself. Your best bet is probably to use the attachement feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @PeakyFitness 

If I recall correctly, the file upload property type only works in a visitor-facing form applicaton and not in the CRM UI itself. Your best bet is probably to use the attachement feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

PeakyFitness

Hi @Phil_Vallender 

Thank you. Yes I think the attachment option is going to be the best option for now. I have changed my "Proof of ID" Property to a drop down option to act as a reminder to check for attached ID. I need to log ID for compliance purposes for our awartding body for exam security. 

This will work for my requirements. Many thanks for the input. Happy New Year! 

Paul 

0 Upvotes