CRM

MariaS

FInd duplicates contacts not imported from a list

SOLVE

Hi,

When importing a contact list, if a contact already exist in Hubspot, the contact doesn't import again.

The email that you recive says the total of new contat added but it doesn't says which ones were not added.
Where can I see it?

Thanks,

Maria

1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @MariaS,

HubSpot does not offer a feature that shows you which contacts were processed by not imported because they already existed in the system. If a contact is not imported because it already exists there is not a way to quickly figure out which contact(s) that was. 

I recommending suggesting this on the ideas board of this forum.

Rami 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MorganBarlet
Participant

SOLVE

We ran into the same issue. There is a workaround to know which contacts where not imported because they already existed in your database:
When you make your import, make sure you have one property filled-in with a value that is only for this specific import (in our case, we used the Lead source, which I think is a custom property we created). 
Once you have made your import, go to contacts/companies and filter by the unique property you filled-in for this import. Then you simply have to filter by "Create date" in order to see the contacts/companies that were created by the import and the ones tht were already in Hubspot before. 

relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @MariaS,

HubSpot does not offer a feature that shows you which contacts were processed by not imported because they already existed in the system. If a contact is not imported because it already exists there is not a way to quickly figure out which contact(s) that was. 

I recommending suggesting this on the ideas board of this forum.

Rami 

0 Upvotes