CRM

JakeT

Exporting companies for mailout with associated contacts

SOLVE

I'm trying to work out the best way to export data for a mailout.

Here is what I want to achieve.

I want to send a mailout to all existing customers about a new service we offer. On that mailout, I need:

Their address, Company name and an associated contact from the account.

Here is what we have setup.

Quotient, Xero and Hubspot.

- When a quote is generated in quotient, the company lifestyle stage is updated to "lead".

- When the quote is accepted and then sent to Xero, the company lifecycle stage  is updated to "customer"

Possible solution

- If I could work out how to sync the information on contacts up with the information on companies, I could easily just do an export of contacts. 

- We raise invoices to comapnies, not contacts hence the reason the lifecycle stage gets updated on the company.

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JakeT

The ideal solution is to use workflows to map the company address fields to the associated contact records, but you may not have access to those. 

Alternatively, you might be able to use Zapier or a similar solution to map company properties to contacts. 

As you've discovered, due to the one to many relationships, its not possible to export contacts with the address from their associated company or vice-versa. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @JakeT,

This is now possible natively in HubSpot – not sure if this was introduced quietly or if I simply missed it.

You can export contacts with associated company information.

To do so, create a list of the contacts that you want to export with their company information. (This solution does not work from a contact view, it has to be a list.)

In your list, click Actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1622632827471.png

You should now have the option to also include company properties in your export file:

karstenkoehler_1-1622632850990.png

As you can see this solution is one way: exporting contacts with associated company information (not: companies with associated contacts). However, with a bit of Excel magic, the export file can be transformed in such a way.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @JakeT,

This is now possible natively in HubSpot – not sure if this was introduced quietly or if I simply missed it.

You can export contacts with associated company information.

To do so, create a list of the contacts that you want to export with their company information. (This solution does not work from a contact view, it has to be a list.)

In your list, click Actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1622632827471.png

You should now have the option to also include company properties in your export file:

karstenkoehler_1-1622632850990.png

As you can see this solution is one way: exporting contacts with associated company information (not: companies with associated contacts). However, with a bit of Excel magic, the export file can be transformed in such a way.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JakeT

The ideal solution is to use workflows to map the company address fields to the associated contact records, but you may not have access to those. 

Alternatively, you might be able to use Zapier or a similar solution to map company properties to contacts. 

As you've discovered, due to the one to many relationships, its not possible to export contacts with the address from their associated company or vice-versa. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
JakeT

SOLVE

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer 😃

It's such a shame that a basic feature you would expect of any CRM is paywalled behind a $12,000 plan. I suppose that's part of the catch with anything that's "free".

I think what we're going to have to do is transition to one of the myriad of other CRMs that offer that incredibly basic feature priced at around $480

0 Upvotes
JanaB
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @JakeT,   

while it is not possible to export contacts with their related company data (address) with a native HubSpot tool you can do it using an Import2 Wizard (HubSpot premier partner). Here is a quick video walkthrough on how it works: https://youtu.be/79Pe8VkFLxs Let me know if you have any questions back to us as you try it.

0 Upvotes