Exporting Original Source Drill-Down 2 on Deals

AlyssaMarie
Participant

In our small, privately owned company, there is a lot of pressure to prove the ROI of our larger sponsored campaigns and our conferences.  In this way, tracking the way that the lead originally appeared to us in a more detailed way than "offline, Email Marketing" etc and how much money it closed with is the most important aspect of my work. 

The CEO, our board, and the other leaders do not care about influenced revenue, touches, or campagins that converted to a sale. We want to know:  If we attended X conference, or sponsored X webinar offline, how many leads closed from it, and did we get our $30k back? 

The only way I can find to do this cleanly is to be careful with lists, and then use the "original source drill down 2" on "Deals" in the CRM to track how much money closed.  My plan was to export the deals with this property, and then create a pivot table to show number and value of deals closed in excel. 

However, when you export deals with their original source drill down 2, you get Hubspot's internal code for the list, not the list name. For example, my list called "Great Conference A. csv" in "Drill Down Source 2" comes out in excel as "3124098lkad-kljasdfj2jdf-"    Hubspot has said this is a known issue and they dont have a timeline for fixing it. They did provide some work-arounds, like saving a bunch of filters for the internal code (as opposed the list name) but that is really extensive. 

Does anyone have ideas for other work arounds on how to find:

-How many leads a particular isolated large event generate?

-How many net  new were generated?

-How much money closed from that event?

4 Replies 4
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @AlyssaMarie welcome to the Community and thank you for your detailed  question. Can I ask if/why you have not traied using the Campaigns tool? Using the Campaigns tool will allow you to report on custom details like this. 

You can use the campaign analytics tool to measure the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns you've created in HubSpot. The tool analyzes five metrics to quantify how your marketing content contributes directly to closed deals and revenue. 

0 Upvotes
AlyssaMarie
Participant

Youre right, It would be ideal to have this functionality as we want to report in Campaigns and that is where I originally went. However, Campaign reports only show the net new leads that were generated, not the revenue that closed with that campaign as an original source.  Influenced revenue is overly complex for us right now. At this stage, we simply want to know about the original source, and how many dollars closed from that source, not if it can be attributed to influencing. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

@laurenmarjorie is one of our conversion rate experts here at HubSpot 🙂 Marjorie what would you reccommend in this case? There are a lot of reporting options in HubSpot and I know it can be difficult to know where to start. 

0 Upvotes
AlyssaMarie
Participant

Id argue that this moves a little outside the realm of conversion rate, as we arent even comparing the sources for eachother.  I want to know how many dollars closed from a source.  Not what percent of leads converted from that source. 

As a real life example, in this instance, I dont care if a souce had 10% conversion, if the end dollar amount was $100,000 (a significant opportunity for us). Similarly, I don't care if it had 90% conversion, if each opp was $1,000. 

In searching for channels that scale, I want to know where to put my time and money that results in the biggest dollar amount.  

0 Upvotes