CRM

BrightBull
Participant | Diamond Partner

Export deal including all Emails, Notes etc from HubSpot to Import into New HubSpot Portal

SOLVE

We migrated one HubSpot portal to brand new one. It was a long process but finally done.

We performed a simple deal migration from the export facility directly from HubSpot, now the client would like to explore the cost/benefit of exporting deal data like email exchange information, notes etc from the old portal and to be added into the new portal.

Anyone that could help with that? Is there a migration tool easy to use, or more importantly someone that could do it for us and probably offer a quote?

Thanks a lot.

Ricardo

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Export deal including all Emails, Notes etc from HubSpot to Import into New HubSpot Portal

SOLVE

Hi @BrightBull

Migration of records with associated notes, timeline data, activities etc has to be performed by API. There are multiple vendors that can help you with this, i.e Import2 or Data2CRM

I'm sure both @ashley_milne and @Nataliia will reach out with more information. 

For the record, I think there is a ton of value in migrating all of that informaton to the new portal - I don't mind paying for the service inbetween two different vendors but would love it if it was easier between two HubSpot portals. 

Cheers, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
bducharm

SOLVE

Not allowing you to directly access/export your data is not compliant with GDPR.

This is a HUGE problem and 3rd parties should not need to get involved for you to get your own data.

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-20-gdpr/

I should be able to access/export all notes, emails and calls involving me and certain clients.

BrightBull

SOLVE

It is allowed but through an API.

Having explored at the time the options provided, it turned out to be extremely simple via the API.

Ricardo

0 Upvotes
IVRCMO
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes but, Data2CRM is telling me it can't export everything out of Hubspot due to API limitations.

0 Upvotes
BrightBull

SOLVE

Hmmm Interesting. Almost all of  the items from the CRM we were able to export, at least the ones we cared about.

Happy to share a little bit more from our approach if I know more context from you.

Ricardo

0 Upvotes
bducharm

SOLVE

This is not GDPR compliant...

ashley_milne
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@BrightBull

We can definitely help with this. As @Phil_Vallender mentioned, API is the only way to get the email (and any other timeline activities) migrated over, which is how our product works.

If you are ok with doing a bit of the work on your side, you can export the activities from your old HubSpot account into CSV, and then upload/import them into the new. Depending on how big your file(s) are, you can do both of these steps for free with Import2 Wizard

If you prefer for us to do the import for you, we also have a full-service solution, no files needed, we import the data for you directly between the two accounts. This also has a free sample to start so you can check that it'll work for you. Feel free to check out that option here

If you have any questions on either, feel free to send me a message! 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BrightBull

Migration of records with associated notes, timeline data, activities etc has to be performed by API. There are multiple vendors that can help you with this, i.e Import2 or Data2CRM

I'm sure both @ashley_milne and @Nataliia will reach out with more information. 

For the record, I think there is a ton of value in migrating all of that informaton to the new portal - I don't mind paying for the service inbetween two different vendors but would love it if it was easier between two HubSpot portals. 

Cheers, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes