CRM

AFerrufino
Participant

Export Emails of leads by deal stage

SOLVE

Hi, 

I would like to export all the emails of my leads from my deal stage ("new"). These leads are completely cold and were not contacted previously. If I export it via "export view" I do get a file however no email addresses shown. 

How can I do this? 

thanks, Angel 

AFerrufino_0-1623398879643.png

3 Accepted solutions
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi there. There are a few options here but I find that an active list would be the easiest. Go to the Contacts drop down and select lists and then create a new contact list called "All contacts in Deal Stage = New"

Then add filters to select these contacts. E.g. add a filter to say show me all the contacts where Deal Stage = New - click and save. You will now have a list which you can export and you can select all the contact properties to include - e.g. Email
Screen Recording 2021-06-11 at 09.20.29 am.gif

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Also just to add - from your question it sounds like you may need to revisit what I refer to as Hubspot's object heirarchy. What I mean by this is you need to think of the "object" you are looking at using. In this case you were looking at the "Deal" object. The sales pipeline is for the deal object and you can add filters and download properties related to the deal object. You don't store a contact's email on the deal. Instead that is on the Contact object. Similarly if you were looking for details on the Company object you would need to go to the Companies view. 

An active list or a workflow (plus reporting) allows you to apply filters across objects. Which is what I did above. Show me all contacts where deal object property = x.

So to recap - remember that in Hubspot there are different objects (deal, contact, company, ticket, note etc. are all objects.) Each object has it's own properties. You can associate objects to each other but they and their properties remain independent.

Hope that makes sense!

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFerrufino,

For some added context: HubSpot objects (for example deals) only include their own information. By default, when you export an object, it won't include any information about the associated objects, in this case contacts.

Luckily, you can export contacts and filter them by the property values of their associated deals, in this case "Deal stage is any of new".

Create a new active contact list, select Filter type "Deal properties", search Deal stage and set it to "is any of New". (In my screenshot, I picked on of my own deal stages.) You can then click Actions on the upper right and export the contacts in this list:

karstenkoehler_0-1623400430887.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFerrufino,

For some added context: HubSpot objects (for example deals) only include their own information. By default, when you export an object, it won't include any information about the associated objects, in this case contacts.

Luckily, you can export contacts and filter them by the property values of their associated deals, in this case "Deal stage is any of new".

Create a new active contact list, select Filter type "Deal properties", search Deal stage and set it to "is any of New". (In my screenshot, I picked on of my own deal stages.) You can then click Actions on the upper right and export the contacts in this list:

karstenkoehler_0-1623400430887.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi there. There are a few options here but I find that an active list would be the easiest. Go to the Contacts drop down and select lists and then create a new contact list called "All contacts in Deal Stage = New"

Then add filters to select these contacts. E.g. add a filter to say show me all the contacts where Deal Stage = New - click and save. You will now have a list which you can export and you can select all the contact properties to include - e.g. Email
Screen Recording 2021-06-11 at 09.20.29 am.gif

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Also just to add - from your question it sounds like you may need to revisit what I refer to as Hubspot's object heirarchy. What I mean by this is you need to think of the "object" you are looking at using. In this case you were looking at the "Deal" object. The sales pipeline is for the deal object and you can add filters and download properties related to the deal object. You don't store a contact's email on the deal. Instead that is on the Contact object. Similarly if you were looking for details on the Company object you would need to go to the Companies view. 

An active list or a workflow (plus reporting) allows you to apply filters across objects. Which is what I did above. Show me all contacts where deal object property = x.

So to recap - remember that in Hubspot there are different objects (deal, contact, company, ticket, note etc. are all objects.) Each object has it's own properties. You can associate objects to each other but they and their properties remain independent.

Hope that makes sense!

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.