CRM

Guido

Export Companies and related Contacts

SOLVE

I would like to generate an export of selected companies with the information of name and telephone-number from the related contact in one excel-table! is this possilbe?

2 Accepted solutions
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Guido,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

It isn't possible to export Companies with associated contact properties as columns in one file, however I came up with a workaround that might come close to what you are looking to accomplish.

You can create a new view in contacts, add the desired filters on the left, and edit your columns so that the information that you want in the Excel file is shown.  You can then export the view of contacts, and select "Include only current columns" (or you can choose to include all properties) This will allow you to see your contacts, their phone numbers, email addresses, etc, as well as the Company that they are associated with.  The company name is the only piece of company information that you'd be able to add to a contact export, because "Associated Company" is the only contact proeprty with company information.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like me to clarify anything.

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey everyone,

This is now possible in HubSpot – not sure if this was introduced quietly or if I simply missed it.

You can export contacts with associated copmany information.

To do so, create a list of the contacts that you want to export with their company information. (This solution does not work from a contact view, it has to be a list.)

In your list, click Actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1622632827471.png

You should now have the option to also include company properties in your export file:

karstenkoehler_1-1622632850990.png

As you can see this solution is one way: exporting contacts with associated company information (not: companies with associated contacts). However, with a bit of Excel magic, the export file can be transformed in such a way.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

38 Replies 38
acw

SOLVE

Did you manage to do the extract by company 'type' with contacts associated to that 'type' of company?  - that's what we need to do? If so please share how!? thanks very much Abbe

0 Upvotes
Simon_Spanswick

SOLVE

Could you be a little more specific on how you've achieved this through Reports? I cannot see a way to pull out the data like this.

0 Upvotes
TonyF
Participant

SOLVE

We also really need this capability. We have active/inactive 'companies' that we need to filter and then include a list of associated contact email addresses so we can send out emails to this specific group.

meenalmalhotra
Participant

SOLVE

Facing same issue. I want to filter companies by "industry" and "city" and then extract those filtered companies' contact details. I am surprised that there'no workaround to this. All that is needed is a lookup function in two databases of company & contacts. 

tweitz

SOLVE

Hi,

There is a very easy way to do this.

1. Go to Contacts > Companies 

2. Click "Add filter"

3. Select the criteria you'd like to filter against (i.e. Organization Type), and enter your filter information

4. Click "Apply Filter" button

5. Click "Save" button

6. Click on "All saved filters" link

7. Hover over the filter you created and click on the "Options" link

8. You should see an option to "Export", click on it. A dialog box should pop up.

9. Select your options and hit the "Export" button

You should receive an email when you're list is ready.

Thomas

AJH
Participant

SOLVE

This only exports either contacts or companies based on filters in their respective records.

What is needed is a way to filter companies and then select all the contacts accoicated with just those companies.

Adam_Hoffman
Participant

SOLVE

Seconded - this is quite frustrating.

BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Guido,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

It isn't possible to export Companies with associated contact properties as columns in one file, however I came up with a workaround that might come close to what you are looking to accomplish.

You can create a new view in contacts, add the desired filters on the left, and edit your columns so that the information that you want in the Excel file is shown.  You can then export the view of contacts, and select "Include only current columns" (or you can choose to include all properties) This will allow you to see your contacts, their phone numbers, email addresses, etc, as well as the Company that they are associated with.  The company name is the only piece of company information that you'd be able to add to a contact export, because "Associated Company" is the only contact proeprty with company information.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like me to clarify anything.

Thanks,

Brett

WAdams1

SOLVE

I am looking to do something a little different. I would like to be able to export all the key custmer information for a single customer record (the info that appears on the 3 panels) in a way that is ledgible.I know you can export all properties and it dumps it in to an excel left to right but a view more similar to the panel layout would be ideal. Is there anything like that?

0 Upvotes
Oliver75
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, we need this, too. A lot of our contacts have no adress data, but are connected to a company. So it would be great to export contact lists with the data of the connected companies.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@BrettLanguirand I struggle with this as well. My issue is that I had not added the address to the contacts as there is no "corporate address" that might be different. As our distributor requires contact, company and full address, it was necessary to go back and add the address to all contacts (UGH huge manual project). 

It would be helpful for me to understand the rationale of not having contact access in company exports.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Upvotes
Guido

SOLVE

Hi,

it is possible to display COMPANY NAME and some other fields of the company-section in the contacts-list
as you see on the screenshot. unfortunately there is no content, even company-name is empty, so that the solution you suggested is not posssible.hubspot_contact.jpg

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @Guido,

You are using the contact property "Company Name" as a column, not "Associated Company".   These are two different properties.  If you change the column to "Associated Company" you should see the company names in that column.  All other columns are specific to the contact, not the company.  So even if a company has a postal code, the column will remain blank if the contact does not have a value for it.  "Associated Company" is the only company information that you can export on a contact export.  

0 Upvotes
Guido

SOLVE

Hi Brett,

ok. that´s clear. I´ve deleted this columns.
But i don´t find "Associated Company" in the properties list of the contact.

hubsopt_contact_fieldlist.png

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Guido,

Thats a bit strange.  Can you please try clearing your browser's cookeis and cached images?  Also, what happens if you just try searching for "Company"?  Just to verify, you are on the contact's screen when editing columns right?  

0 Upvotes
Guido

SOLVE

Hi Brett,

tried with 3 different Browsers. All the same. 

The steps i did:
- Klick on Contacts

- Klick on Actions -> Manage Columns

- Search for "ass" (No matching)

- Search for "com" (No matching)

Regards

Guido

0 Upvotes
Phildexter
Participant

SOLVE

This question has never been solved, has it? 

We'd also be interested in a solution to export / contact all contacts associated with a certain selection of companies. 

(example: several companies are tagged as agencies and we send emails to all the people associated to these agencies.) 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Arnybarnie
Participant

SOLVE

Seconded, we would also like a similar solution. Right now we wish to export industry specific companies with their associated contact information and there is no obvious solution to this. 

Alternatively, a contact filter that can give us the associated companies by industry would also solve this. 

Please assist.