CRM

Guido
Membro

Export Companies and related Contacts

resolver

I would like to generate an export of selected companies with the information of name and telephone-number from the related contact in one excel-table! is this possilbe?

2 Solução aceitas
BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hello @Guido,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

It isn't possible to export Companies with associated contact properties as columns in one file, however I came up with a workaround that might come close to what you are looking to accomplish.

You can create a new view in contacts, add the desired filters on the left, and edit your columns so that the information that you want in the Excel file is shown.  You can then export the view of contacts, and select "Include only current columns" (or you can choose to include all properties) This will allow you to see your contacts, their phone numbers, email addresses, etc, as well as the Company that they are associated with.  The company name is the only piece of company information that you'd be able to add to a contact export, because "Associated Company" is the only contact proeprty with company information.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like me to clarify anything.

Thanks,

Brett

Exibir solução no post original

karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hey everyone,

This is now possible in HubSpot – not sure if this was introduced quietly or if I simply missed it.

You can export contacts with associated copmany information.

To do so, create a list of the contacts that you want to export with their company information. (This solution does not work from a contact view, it has to be a list.)

In your list, click Actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1622632827471.png

You should now have the option to also include company properties in your export file:

karstenkoehler_1-1622632850990.png

As you can see this solution is one way: exporting contacts with associated company information (not: companies with associated contacts). However, with a bit of Excel magic, the export file can be transformed in such a way.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

38 Respostas 38
CarlosM
Colaborador(a)

resolver

This isn't what we are looking for - we need to create a company list then extract all the emails from that list. Creating a list of contacts and its associated company information doesn't do that.

MartinGammon
Participante

resolver

After you have exported the data, you can sort or otherwise manipulate it in Excel for your purposes.

0 Avaliação positiva
CarlosM
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I have a list of particular companies I wish to export the email addresses from. I can do this from a contact list, not a company list.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hey everyone,

This is now possible in HubSpot – not sure if this was introduced quietly or if I simply missed it.

You can export contacts with associated copmany information.

To do so, create a list of the contacts that you want to export with their company information. (This solution does not work from a contact view, it has to be a list.)

In your list, click Actions:

karstenkoehler_0-1622632827471.png

You should now have the option to also include company properties in your export file:

karstenkoehler_1-1622632850990.png

As you can see this solution is one way: exporting contacts with associated company information (not: companies with associated contacts). However, with a bit of Excel magic, the export file can be transformed in such a way.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TayshaProvost
Participante

resolver

Hi there, I'm sorry for a late answer. It is also possible via Skyvia Excel add-in. You can export all data at the same time in a few clicks.

0 Avaliação positiva
MBeck
Membro

resolver

I have the same requirement as everyone else on this thread.  Hubspot, please give us an easy way to export a group of companies and their associated contacts.  Thanks,

MartinGammon
Participante

resolver

I use a workaround for this that works well but is a bit convoluted.

Filter either the contacts or the companies you want and then, when you export, select All Properties. Then export either ALL contacts or ALL companies (the opposite of the database you filtered first time) and again select All Properties when exporting

Now open the two spreadsheets and you will find that in the Companies sheet there is a unique ID for associates Contacts and vice versa. Use VLook function to link them together.

As I said, it's not pretty but it does work.

Simon_Spanswick
Membro

resolver

I'm struggling with this. 

I have filtered the companies we need to extract contacts from. There are around 50 of these and I have a spreadsheet with the company data, including the unique Hubspot ID.

I've got a second sheet with all 14,000 contacts, including their Hubspot company ID. I need to get the 800 or so contacts that are in the 50 companies I've filtered.

I've tried to work out how VLook can match the data, but cannot see how it can do this. Does anyone have a simple solution for VLook or an Excel plug-in that can do this task?

0 Avaliação positiva
MartinGammon
Participante

resolver

Simon

Are you still struggling with this or have you found a way to use VLookup to do what you need?

0 Avaliação positiva
Simon_Spanswick
Membro

resolver

Martin

I'm sorry not to have replied earlier. We managed to do this a few months ago, and now are trying again. However, I simply cannot work out how we managed to get the VLOOKUP function to work the last time! 

We simply want to get the e-mails of staff at filtered companies out. We have a total export of all Hubspot contacts in one spreadsheet and all the filtered companies in another. Getting the look-up right is eluding us at present.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Simon

0 Avaliação positiva
markkofman
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Just wanted to share 2 videos that might help out with the report you are trying to do

1. This video is a very basic overview of how you can join two tables using a VLOOKUP in Excel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ymclM1Ncw. I know there are ton's of other videos out there showing the similar thing, but this one specifically is showing an example of merging company and contact data

2. Other option that will be even more simple is to use Import2 Wizard for your export tasks. With that, you can do a joint report/export in just a few simple steps. Here is another video introducing how this works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCqOS_O10JI 

Hope this helps

MartinGammon
Participante

resolver

Simon

You link the two on the CompanyID field. This will be in both the company database and the contacts databases (where it will be called something like AssociatedCompanyID).

Make sure you have output ALL fields in the contacts database.

0 Avaliação positiva
meenalmalhotra
Participante

resolver

Once you have downloaded 2 files:
1. Companies that you want contacts for
2. All Contacts(or I generally use filter of country, other customized field to avoid downlaoding huge chunk of it)(Tip: Make sure you download contacts where "Associated Company" is "Known")

You can now use vlookup formula on downlaoded contacts file, by comparing "Associated Company ID" in  downloaded conatcts file with "Company ID" in downloaded Companies file. All the matches then can be filtered into a new sheet.

There are plenty vlookup tutorials available online. It seems hard in beginning, but once you are used to it, it works like a charm. Hope this helps.

0 Avaliação positiva
acw
Membro

resolver

Did you find a solution yet? This is also something I want to do - targetting specific company types and pull out the contacts for those types.

acw
Membro

resolver

Sorry for the delay replying I was going to try the excel trick people are recommending - but haven't had time as yet.  It would be great if hubspot could find a simpler fix for this though as it's not an unusual thing for their clients to want to do.

0 Avaliação positiva
MBeck
Membro

resolver

I found that you can now do this through the report tab.  You can base your query on contact and company properties.  Way to go Hubspot!

Oliver75
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi MBeck,

Thank you for the valuable advice!

With a report, the export of combined contact and company data works!

1. You just have to create a custom report with mixed data (contact + company).
2. Add the company data like street, post code, city etc.
3. Optional: You can sort the columns in HubSpot.
4. Hit the export function and there you go!

Cheers,
OIiver

acw
Membro

resolver

I guess this assumes you have the reports builder functionality / professional version of hubspot? rather than the starter packs?

0 Avaliação positiva
Oliver75
Colaborador(a)

resolver

We licensed the Enterprise Edition of HubSpot. I don't know if its already available in the Pro version, but with the Enterprise it works.

0 Avaliação positiva
MartinGammon
Participante

resolver

Can you give us a bit more detail on how you do this, please? It is not obvious to me.

Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva