CRM

opendorz
Contributor

Expand Workflow Memberships in Contact Record

SOLVE

Would like to see the actual list of a contact's Workflows and their status IN the Contact Record without having to Click the Manage link.   I constantly have to click this link to view this info, which is on a different page, then hit back button to return to the contact record page.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

There's a couple of ways to go with this, both involving custom properties.  The number of workflows is easier as you're just setting up a workflow to add to a custom "Number of workflows"  property every time "Is now is workflow" equals true. That would work going forward but I'm not sure how you'd best update the existing ones, enrollment triggers matching their correct number are going to be the problem here.

The second is using a custom property similar to the first but it pulls from a defined list (of your workflows) and again just uses the append option to add the correct workflow to the property which will display all the names you set in the property field. You won't have a number but you'll have the names and can count them.

This has gotten significantly easier with the simple branch function (in beta) that allows you to define outcomes for every option instead of a branch for each workflow. This would be best but depending on how many workflows you have may not be scaleable. 

Hope that helped some.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

There's a couple of ways to go with this, both involving custom properties.  The number of workflows is easier as you're just setting up a workflow to add to a custom "Number of workflows"  property every time "Is now is workflow" equals true. That would work going forward but I'm not sure how you'd best update the existing ones, enrollment triggers matching their correct number are going to be the problem here.

The second is using a custom property similar to the first but it pulls from a defined list (of your workflows) and again just uses the append option to add the correct workflow to the property which will display all the names you set in the property field. You won't have a number but you'll have the names and can count them.

This has gotten significantly easier with the simple branch function (in beta) that allows you to define outcomes for every option instead of a branch for each workflow. This would be best but depending on how many workflows you have may not be scaleable. 

Hope that helped some.

opendorz
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes,  I like the second option and will go that route.  No real need to see the number of workflows if I can see the actual workflow names.  

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky

SOLVE

Just to be clear you're clicking the "view all properties" to see this property and you want it to show on the main contact record sidebar?  If so when you click that button you can search for the contact and hit the "Add to view" button to the right of it. This will add it to that sidebar on the left. From there you can drag it in that list to reorder as you'd like.

Let me know if you have any questions

0 Upvotes
opendorz
Contributor

SOLVE

Let me clarify.   I am referring to the Left Hand column of a contact record.   The Section called Workflow Memberships where it indicates how many workflows the contact is a "member" in.   (see image below) There are actually two shortcomings with this:  1.  it does not show the name(s) of those workflows and 2.  the number given includes completed workflows by the contact.  To access these details requires clicking on the Manage link which goes to a separate page.    The Contact record right hand column has a field  called Now In Workflow, but this is a simple Yes/No. 

workflow image.PNG

0 Upvotes