CRM

miavelasco
Colaborador

Examples of nonprofits using Hubspot for grant tracking

resolver

My org is considering switching to Hubspot as our CRM, but are looking for examples of how nonprofits are using it for grant tracking. It seems like individual donor tracking is a popular use case, but we're struggling to find out how (or if) it's possible to also track institutional grants with Hubspot as well. 

Does anyone have any examples that they would be willing to share?

1 Soluciones aceptada
KSenette4
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @miavelasco ,

We have setup grant pipelins for clients in a very similar fashion to what @jsteinberg just described. Here is a step by step tutorial on how you would set up the new pipeline in your settings.

The free CRM comes with 1 deal pipeline, Sales Hub Starter comes with 2, and Sale Professional comes with 15 and has the workflow tool (wooo automation!). If you are going to track individual donations as well as grants, then I would start my evaluation at Sales Hub Starter so that you have 2 pipelines to work with.

The deal pipelines are a great place to track these grant opportunities. You can move them stage to stage manually, or, if you go with Sales Hub Pro, you could set up some automation to move grants through the pipeline based on actions completed or properties you fill out.

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any other questions.

Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
KSenette4
Solución

resolver

Hi @miavelasco ,

We have setup grant pipelins for clients in a very similar fashion to what @jsteinberg just described. Here is a step by step tutorial on how you would set up the new pipeline in your settings.

The free CRM comes with 1 deal pipeline, Sales Hub Starter comes with 2, and Sale Professional comes with 15 and has the workflow tool (wooo automation!). If you are going to track individual donations as well as grants, then I would start my evaluation at Sales Hub Starter so that you have 2 pipelines to work with.

The deal pipelines are a great place to track these grant opportunities. You can move them stage to stage manually, or, if you go with Sales Hub Pro, you could set up some automation to move grants through the pipeline based on actions completed or properties you fill out.

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any other questions.

Karen HubSpot Forum Footer.png

jsteinberg
Miembro

resolver

Hi @miavelasco + thanks @kvlschaefer for the tag.

We personally don't use HubSpot for grant tracking but are also exploring how to capture grant outcomes within the CRM.

At the moment, I'm imagining a Deal Pipeline that has specific grants as 'Deals', where different custom 'Deal Stages' can be can be set for certain stewardship, cultivation, and report dates and deadlines. In terms of grant outcomes, I believe folks could use notes or custom properties to track deliverables. 

I'd be happy to chat this through futher but these are some preliminary thoughts!

kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @miavelasco,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I will add some community members to our conversation who are active in our Nonprofit space

Hi @katelesniak@abbeypiazza@KSenette4@Connorj13@JackieLalley@jsteinberg@MaggieH - Do you have any examples or HubSpot use cases you would be willing to share with @miavelasco

Thank you!

Cheers,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !