Calling

JSetzer

Every text and outgoing call is coming up as new contact

SOLVE

We are using the Justcall intergration and for some reason every outgoing text and call is logging as a new contact under "New JustCall contact". I tried three people at Justcall and they have not been able to help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@JSetzer - HubSpot uses either the HubSpot assigned Record ID or email address as the unique identifier to managing deduplication of contact records. 

Is the email property being populated via the Justcall integration you have set up? 

If not, can it be?

If it isn't viable to sync email via this integration is there another unique identifier that can be included and synced into a custom contact property set with a rule to require the value in the property to be unique? (As detailed here on HubSpot's knowledge base). I believe this would then align the incoming contact to an existing contact in your CRM database each time a new call activity is logged via the integration.

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@JSetzer - HubSpot uses either the HubSpot assigned Record ID or email address as the unique identifier to managing deduplication of contact records. 

Is the email property being populated via the Justcall integration you have set up? 

If not, can it be?

If it isn't viable to sync email via this integration is there another unique identifier that can be included and synced into a custom contact property set with a rule to require the value in the property to be unique? (As detailed here on HubSpot's knowledge base). I believe this would then align the incoming contact to an existing contact in your CRM database each time a new call activity is logged via the integration.

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution