CRM

pietromantovani
Participant

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hi there,

our company usually organizes many events per month, and I'd like to keep track of the attendees in Hubspot CRM. I've created a custom propriety, choosing a multiple checkboxes (since every contact can attendee more than one event), but when I try  to import a new attendee (with an "event" column in the CSV) I get a "INVALID_ENUMERATION_OPTION!" error.
Should I edit the custom propriety and add the event name everytime? Any other solution?
Thanks,
Pietro

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hello @pietromantovani 

Correct, if HubSpot is returning with an enumeration error, you will need to add this option to the property before you import your objects.

HubSpot will search for the exactly option that you are importing in the custom property created to match values.

This article explains more about how to fix import errors :

Invalid Enumeration Option:

The import file contained an invalid value that does not match an existing option in an enumeration property.

The import will still create or update a record, but the enumeration property will not contain a value.

Once you've identified the incorrect value by comparing your import file against the property in HubSpot, update your import file with the correct value and re-import the file or update the property value in the affected record directly.

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
GuyTaylor
Guide

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hi @pietromantovani, a basic version of HubTags importing is now ready. Click here for details

GuyTaylor
Guide

Event contact tags

SOLVE

@pietromantovani Exactly the input I needed, thank you. As a first step I will ensure the import creates tags(no need for the tag to previously exist). Next step will be applying these tags via import to contacts.

I'll have step one done in less than a week. I'll keep you updated. Cheers.

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Guide

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hey @pietromantovani, I havn't forgotten about this.

Nothing is ready yet but we are actively working on it. I will share a little update, if you have input please do share. It's easy for us to change things at this stage.  The image below is not organized/finalized, it is just a rough idea of the visual.

5.0.png

pietromantovani
Participant

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hi @GuyTaylor thank you very much for the update. I think it would be very useful if the user could import TAGS (and create them) while importing contacts, with a single import action. For example, my typical CSV would contain the following fields: "First name, Last Name, Email, ..., TAG".

GuyTaylor
Guide

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hi @pietromantovani,

I can see the right solutions has been proposed for your challenge. Still, I'm working on something to make it even easier to use tags.

Would be happy for your input or to try us out. Details here: HubTags 

Guy | linkedhub.io

pietromantovani
Participant

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hi @GuyTaylor, I've seen your HubTags tool and found it very interesting. Is it possible to populate the HubTags field via CSV import? I'm trying to avoid editing the property every time I do an import.

GuyTaylor
Guide

Event contact tags

SOLVE

@pietromantovani Absolutely! This is a excellent feature request and I'm very happy to build it if possible. I will start with some research/testing and then move to building if possible. I'll update you once I have some news.

pietromantovani
Participant

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Thanks!

PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Event contact tags

SOLVE

Hello @pietromantovani 

Correct, if HubSpot is returning with an enumeration error, you will need to add this option to the property before you import your objects.

HubSpot will search for the exactly option that you are importing in the custom property created to match values.

This article explains more about how to fix import errors :

Invalid Enumeration Option:

The import file contained an invalid value that does not match an existing option in an enumeration property.

The import will still create or update a record, but the enumeration property will not contain a value.

Once you've identified the incorrect value by comparing your import file against the property in HubSpot, update your import file with the correct value and re-import the file or update the property value in the affected record directly.

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes