CRM

THSEINSOF

Errors with imports

SOLVE

THSEINSOF_0-1678742245663.png

Having problems with this error. 

THSEINSOF_1-1678742399654.png

When I try to choose the property there are two choices but only one can be chosen. This is my first time using Hubspot. Please help.

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Errors with imports

SOLVE

Hey @THSEINSOF, thanks for reaching out! Happy to shed some light on this issue.

It looks like you're trying to import both contacts and emails to be logged to contact records. Both of these objects have their own requirements:

• Contacts require an email address (since HubSpot uses email as the unique identifier to ensure that no duplicate records are created)
  • Emails require email body and email direction values to properly log to the contact record

It looks to me like you're just trying to import contacts, not emails that you want to log to those contact records. If that's the case, all you need to do is start a new single-object import (contacts) and map your properties like you did here. HubSpot will not ask you for email body or email direction, and you'll be able to map the "Email" values you have to the "Email" property on the contact record.

If you are trying to import both contacts and log emails to their records, you'll need to add columns for "Email Body" and "Email Direction" within your spreadsheet and input the needed values. Note that the emails will log on the record of the contact listed within the same row.

I definitely recommend checking out this official import setup guide from HubSpot for additional info as well. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

Errors with imports

SOLVE

Hey @THSEINSOF, thanks for reaching out! Happy to shed some light on this issue.

It looks like you're trying to import both contacts and emails to be logged to contact records. Both of these objects have their own requirements:

• Contacts require an email address (since HubSpot uses email as the unique identifier to ensure that no duplicate records are created)
  • Emails require email body and email direction values to properly log to the contact record

It looks to me like you're just trying to import contacts, not emails that you want to log to those contact records. If that's the case, all you need to do is start a new single-object import (contacts) and map your properties like you did here. HubSpot will not ask you for email body or email direction, and you'll be able to map the "Email" values you have to the "Email" property on the contact record.

If you are trying to import both contacts and log emails to their records, you'll need to add columns for "Email Body" and "Email Direction" within your spreadsheet and input the needed values. Note that the emails will log on the record of the contact listed within the same row.

I definitely recommend checking out this official import setup guide from HubSpot for additional info as well. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
HRaza4

Errors with imports

SOLVE

Hello,
Thanks for your input. 
Please tell me what we have to add in EMAIL BODY & EMAIL DIRECTION.

Thank you

0 Upvotes