CRM

ClassyVox
Participant

Error on Import: "File needs at least 2 rows..."

SOLVE

I teach CRM usage in a business class. One of my students keeps getting this message upon trying to import her .csv contacts file into the free version of Hubspot

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 7.24.14 PM.png

 She has successfully imported numerous contacts in the past, this has only been happening recently.  I have looked at both the .csv file and the import process and although there are numberous rows and content in the file and it is formatted correctly, she continues to get this error.

This is severly hindering her progress and I would dearly love a solution.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

@ClassyVox Perfect, thank you. I found the issue.

I received the exact same error when uploading your csv file to HubSpot. Error below:

Something went wrong when processing your import.
This file needs at least 2 rows to be imported.

The reason for this - is because the data within this sheet is completely jumbled/disorganized. Your data currently looks like this:
WebSession Original.png

But it should look like this:
WebSession Corrected.png

Once the data got de-jumbled/organized, I was able to successfully upload it to HubSpot. I achieved this by downloading your file to my local computer > then upload the file to Google Drive > open the file within Google Drive as a sheet > download it as a CSV. This new CSV file is organized and ready for HubSpot.

Whatever product or process which is transferring information into the spreadsheet seems to be the issue. But the fix is easy enough, simply run it thru the steps I mentioned and it will work.

update: To be more precise, the data isn't jumbled just formated in a way that isn't acceptable by HubSpot. The data is structured which is why Google Sheets is able to decode it and organizes it in a way that can be processed by HubSpot. This is just a FYI, you can still follow the steps I provided to solve the issue.

Guy | linkedhub.io

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey Vox,

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear about your import problems. My gut reaction based on the error message is that there is a blank row between your headers  and dataset. HubSpot stops scanning a file when it hits a blank row and based on that message it's only reading one (presumeably the headers).

You say this is a recent problem, is it specific to this file? Could you try to highlight all cells and show all rows. I'm thinking there maybe a row hidden that HubSpot is still reading.

0 Upvotes
ClassyVox
Participant

SOLVE

Yeah, we have tried that and it is still showing all rows 

here is the screen shot.  It started happening on all her inputs for contacts.  not just this one file.  we use Extract Buddy to manually input from multiple sources and export into Hubspot.  I have 30 students and she is the only one having problems.

ClassyVox_0-1597701282659.png

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Guide

SOLVE

@ClassyVox Thanks for the screen shot. 

If the data is not sensative might you share the actual csv file? I will see if I can recreate the issue on my side.

If I successfully upload the file then we know the issue is not with the CSV file rather something specific to your students computer or settings.

If I do get the same error I will try to manipulat the file so it is accepted and share the solution.

Guy | linkedhub.io

ClassyVox
Participant

SOLVE

I hope this works.  I put it in my class google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16syS8kKDa7G7A1WI_d8Tue4zgIY4mkLN/view?usp=drivesdk

Angel

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

@ClassyVox Perfect, thank you. I found the issue.

I received the exact same error when uploading your csv file to HubSpot. Error below:

Something went wrong when processing your import.
This file needs at least 2 rows to be imported.

The reason for this - is because the data within this sheet is completely jumbled/disorganized. Your data currently looks like this:
WebSession Original.png

But it should look like this:
WebSession Corrected.png

Once the data got de-jumbled/organized, I was able to successfully upload it to HubSpot. I achieved this by downloading your file to my local computer > then upload the file to Google Drive > open the file within Google Drive as a sheet > download it as a CSV. This new CSV file is organized and ready for HubSpot.

Whatever product or process which is transferring information into the spreadsheet seems to be the issue. But the fix is easy enough, simply run it thru the steps I mentioned and it will work.

update: To be more precise, the data isn't jumbled just formated in a way that isn't acceptable by HubSpot. The data is structured which is why Google Sheets is able to decode it and organizes it in a way that can be processed by HubSpot. This is just a FYI, you can still follow the steps I provided to solve the issue.

Guy | linkedhub.io

0 Upvotes
ClassyVox
Participant

SOLVE

That is really strange, because the file I sent is a regular comma delimited file. That is what I have been uploading to Hubspot for years and what my other students currently upload.  It is curious that this is the only student having this problem.

Thank you for helping us!

Angel 

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ClassyVox,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @ConnorSlivensky @Josh @GuyTaylor, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes