CRM

VSowden

Error COULD_NOT_PARSE_DATE on contact and company CSV imports

Hello, I have been trying to import my contacts and companies into Hubspot and I keep encountering errors regarding dates; however, it is not a blanket error for every date I have inputted, just a select few, and I cannot understand why. Below is a screenshot of the errors I got back on my contacts file, and the original import file itself (surrounding information redacted for client privacy). 

Import date error.png

14 dates (shown above) out of the 67 dates on the import file came back as errors despite the fact that all 67 are inputted in the exact same format (dd/mm/yyyy) and are all assigned to the exact same property in Hubspot. My default account settings are set to United Kingdom (dd/mm/yyyy) and I select the dd/mm/yyyy format when processing each data import, so I'm not sure why the error report is displaying the dates in mm/dd/yy format.

If it affected every date then I'd better understand what the issue is, but it is only affecting a handful of seemingly random dates. If anyone has an idea of why this is happening and could give me some guidance I'd really appreciate it!

2 Replies 2
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @VSowden,

According to the HubSpot knowledge Base, this mistake is by all accounts caused because the import record contains date esteem that doesn't coordinate with the arrangement you chose during the import cycle.

If it's not too much trouble, update your import document with the right worth and yet again import, or physically update the property estimation in the influenced records.

Hope this will help you out.

Best regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VSowden 

Thank you for the information provided. 

Based on this article, it says this error seems to be caused due to the import file contains a date value that does not match the format you selected during the import process. 

Please update your import file with the correct value and re-import, or manually update the property value in the affected records.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !