CRM

MMore

Enrolling a contact without an email address into a sequence

SOLVE

We are unable to identify an email for every contact.  For these contacts we still want to enroll them in a "call only" sequence.  However an email is required to enroll a contact in a sequence.  What is the fix for this?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMore,

I'd recommend requesting this from the HubSpot product team in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

As far as workarounds go, the only one that comes to mind is temporarily adding fake email addresses to these contact records – however that opens the door to a lot of other problems, especially if more than one person is involved.

If I were you, I would probably approach this outside of sequences. Do you have workflows in your subscription? If so, you can create lists of contacts who are associated with a certain call type / outcome. Contacts in those lists could be enrolled in a workflow to create the next task. (These call criteria are not available in workflows, hence the list.) This requires a bit more effort upfront but works well, I've implemented this in a few portals now. Let me know if you need further guidance here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
LBendo-Watson
Participant

SOLVE

Are working towards a solution to this? Would like to be able to this also with a sequence. Fake email address is not a great option IMO and opens up a can of worms.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMore,

I'd recommend requesting this from the HubSpot product team in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

As far as workarounds go, the only one that comes to mind is temporarily adding fake email addresses to these contact records – however that opens the door to a lot of other problems, especially if more than one person is involved.

If I were you, I would probably approach this outside of sequences. Do you have workflows in your subscription? If so, you can create lists of contacts who are associated with a certain call type / outcome. Contacts in those lists could be enrolled in a workflow to create the next task. (These call criteria are not available in workflows, hence the list.) This requires a bit more effort upfront but works well, I've implemented this in a few portals now. Let me know if you need further guidance here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes