CRM

MovieKing

Engagement Tracking

SOLVE

I am in a bit of a unique situation for a few different reasons.

I work for a non-profit theater that offers a variety of shows and productions. Because of this, we need to utilize a series of revenue streams from ticket sales, small donations from individuals and contributions large businesses. For this reason, community excitement is a must, but any one sale is not very significant. 

Is there a way to use hubspot in a way that never sees a contact's sale as closing a deal? Also, is there a way that I can track the amount of engagement a user has with out campaigns over the years? ie, number of dollars from them year to date, number of volunteered hours, number of events attended, number of emails clicked though, yada yada...

Being able to create segments from this data would be sooo helpful. 

Also, new to Hubspot, new to this comminuty, if I am asking dumb questions, please tell me. 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engagement Tracking

SOLVE

Hey @MovieKing

Welcome to the Community! There is no such thing as a dumb question, it's just a matter of making HubSpot work for you.

1. Never closing deals

-You don't have to use deals in relation to contacts unless it suits your business. You could create a custom contact property to hold the information you need, or you can create a deal and never move it to "closed won/lost". 

2. Engagements

You can also use custom contact properties to house this information. This would need to be manually updated, but you can make properties to house this information. 

Here is the guide for making custom contact properties.

What HubSpot tools/subscription do you have? @Brandsensations & @ajwiggins85 do you have any suggestions for @MovieKing

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ajwiggins85
Contributor

Engagement Tracking

SOLVE

Great advice, @jennysowyrda

@MovieKing - Are you using both HubSpot's CRM and Marketing Automation Platform? 

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engagement Tracking

SOLVE

Hey @MovieKing

Welcome to the Community! There is no such thing as a dumb question, it's just a matter of making HubSpot work for you.

1. Never closing deals

-You don't have to use deals in relation to contacts unless it suits your business. You could create a custom contact property to hold the information you need, or you can create a deal and never move it to "closed won/lost". 

2. Engagements

You can also use custom contact properties to house this information. This would need to be manually updated, but you can make properties to house this information. 

Here is the guide for making custom contact properties.

What HubSpot tools/subscription do you have? @Brandsensations & @ajwiggins85 do you have any suggestions for @MovieKing

Thanks,
Jenny