CRM

RyanAbilar
Participante

Enforcing required fields during an import

resolver

Hi team, 

I noticed that required properties are not respected during an import. I realized this specifically in the "Email" property when I checked how much contacts we have right now without the said data. Surprisingly! We have quite a huge amount which is extremly alarming. So I looked deeper and found out that a huge chunk of these records were created from imports. Out of curiosity, I tried to create an import file with only one record that do NOT have an email address in it. And yes. The record was created even without the email address and even if the property is 'required' during a single record creation via the UI. 

Is there a way to enforce required fields during an import? I have already restricted imports to very limited users only in our org. Still, the chance of getting these records being created in the CRM is inevitable. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @RyanAbilar,

This is unfortunately not supported, however other users have already requested the same in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: Mandatory fields on imports

The product team reviews these submissions based on popularity, so I'd recommed upvoting and commenting with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
NHettige
Participante

resolver

This is definitely needed to maintain proper control! I hope the development team would take this up soon. 

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @RyanAbilar,

This is unfortunately not supported, however other users have already requested the same in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: Mandatory fields on imports

The product team reviews these submissions based on popularity, so I'd recommed upvoting and commenting with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RyanAbilar
Participante

resolver

Thanks Karsten

0 Avaliação positiva