CRM

CChristensen
Participant

Ending a Sequence for a Contact using Lead Status

SOLVE

When creating a sequence, I'd like it to auto-end once I select a specific Lead Status. For instance, the Lead Status starts at "new." When I reach out, I switch it to "attempted to contact." However, if I actually connect but the contact doesn't want to take an appointment right now (but maybe 6 months down the road), I switch the Lead Status to "bad timing" or "connected." I'd like the sequence to end based on this change in Lead Status. (I know I can opt them out of the sequence, but this is an additional click. Lead status should do the trick, IMHO).

Is this possible? I didn't see a post for this particular issue but apologies if I missed it somewhere.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CChristensen,

By default, contacts will unenroll from sequence when these criteria are met. If you're on a Sales or Service Hub Enterprise subscription, you can add custom unenroll criteria via workflows:

karstenkoehler_0-1638214858451.png

(Without these subscriptions, this can currently not be done.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CChristensen,

By default, contacts will unenroll from sequence when these criteria are met. If you're on a Sales or Service Hub Enterprise subscription, you can add custom unenroll criteria via workflows:

karstenkoehler_0-1638214858451.png

(Without these subscriptions, this can currently not be done.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CChristensen
Participant

SOLVE

Doesn't look like this answer helps at all. I already knew this stuff but the custom workflow (at least based on your link) really isn't a custom workflow--I mean, I don't see a way to use the Lead Status for this. I'd think that anyone making a lot of daily calls would find this a good feature to include in the future of sequence editing.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CChristensen,

The workflow above would automatically end the sequence for any contact that you manually switch to "Bad timing", could you elaborate why this is not feasible for you? Once set up, this would automatically monitor all contacts in the background, no action needed from you.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CChristensen
Participant

SOLVE

Ah. I think I read it wrong. Thanks, that should do the trick. Now to teach the folks on my team!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Great, I was confused for a moment, too. Have a great day, @CChristensen!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes