CRM

Baduist

Employee default views & best practices for view setup

SOLVE

Some of our sales team members are not very technological, and I'd like to avoid long training sessions, and set up their hubspot account in a way that lets them just get to work.

I've created smart workflows that allow them to spend 95% of their time on the tasks page, which I expect them to bookmark, using the "start tasks" button.

I'm having more trouble with views, where I want to achieve two things:

1. Create default Contacts view for them, and ideally pin it's tab.

Right now I jsut do it for them, but as the team grows it becomes too much work.

2. More complex: I've created a certain view for our sales manager for daily sessions where he goes over all important leads with each sales person. The view shows all leads with a certain score from the last 7 days, and he can filter by contact owner.

I want each sales rep to have an equivalent view, but filtered by default to show only contacts where they are the owner. 

Again, my issue here is that I need to:

- Duplicate & edit the view for each new sales person that joins the team

- Physically pin in in their account (or show them how to do it on a Zoom screenshare which is very painful sometimes).

Any ideas to improve on how I do things? 

Is there a way to create one view - once - that will dynamically show relevant info for each rep that views it? (i.e. detect that rep X is viewing and filter to show only contacts own by X)?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Baduist,

1. If you save the filter with the dynamic owner, it will be the default for each rep.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 8.21.46 AM.png

2. In account permissions you can set it so users only have access to owned only. In this case when they look at the views for any object, they will see only what they own.  Here's a reference in the knowledge base.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Baduist

SOLVE

Perfect! Thanks for all your help Josh!

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Baduist,

1. If you save the filter with the dynamic owner, it will be the default for each rep.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 8.21.46 AM.png

2. In account permissions you can set it so users only have access to owned only. In this case when they look at the views for any object, they will see only what they own.  Here's a reference in the knowledge base.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

Baduist

SOLVE

Thanks Josh!

1. Is it possible to create a view, where the default filter is "owned by me" so that when each rep looks at it, it will show them their own contacts, without them having to actively filter the view every time they log in? 

2. Is there a way to allow sales rep to only see contacts they own throught the whole account? 

If done that way, if they go into a view I created that isn't filtered by owner - will they see what I see or only see rows where the contacts are owned by them?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @Baduist,

You should be able to create a view that dynamically pulls based on the contact owner. It should look like a lightning bolt with "Me" beside it in the dropdown.

A couple of other ideas:

• Instead of doing a live Zoom meeting to train them, create a Vidyard or Loom video that they can watch as they perform the task. Much more scalable.
  • Create dashboards with the most important views/reports and then show them how to use the dashboard to filter by owner: Me (again, create a Loom or Vidyard)
  • On a dashboard, create links that direct them to the most important tools within HubSpot that aren't easily available on the main nav - for example, we use this for access to custom object views as they aren't immediately available from the nav
  • Do a comprehensive group training with the team members today and record the training - share the training with the new team members

Just a few ideas that have worked well for us training non-tech-savvy teams. Best of luck!

Josh 

Josh Curcio